Lake Metigoshe

HUNTFISHND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Taking the family to Lake Metigoshe State Park this weekend for some winter camping. We plan on spending a good portion of the day at the Winter Park, but would also like to get out and try some ice fishing. Never fished the lake. Anyone got any tips on what part of the lake to start out on? Probably won't be moving around too much, so just trying to narrow down the area's to start out at. Thanks!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are lots of ice houses on the Lake (or were last week anyway) so I'd start near where they are.

fishdrinkhunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am taking the family up there the beginning of June for a week camping in the State Park. Never been there. Any recommendations?

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am taking the family up there the beginning of June for a week camping in the State Park. Never been there. Any recommendations?

wake up early to beat the recreational crowd, if you are looking to fish on the water. Mystical horizons is a good place to watch the sunset over the prairie

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member

wake up early to beat the recreational crowd, if you are looking to fish on the water. Mystical horizons is a good place to watch the sunset over the prairie

If you drive north on the west side of the Lake passed Birchwood Inn (taking the left forks in the road) to the end of the road you come to a 3 wire barbed-wire fence. On the other side of the fence is a 3'± concrete monument marking the border with Canada. About a 25' swath of forest has been cut down thru the Turtle Mountains on the border. You can see this on the west side of the Lake from the water if you look carefully as you go north into Canadian water. Pretty neat to see.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75