New Ice fishing rig "The Clackshot"

RRmaniac

Established Member
Found this video just out this year about this new rig. Claims desciption claims it is a "New ice fishing technique that changes the way you fish for perch, walleye, and crappie. The technique, I call "Clackshotting" takes the best components of the buckshot spoon, jigging rap, and split shot rig and combines them all in one simplified fish catching rig. Filmed in Canada, but you can be sure this rig will be effective on Mille Lacs, Lake Winnipeg, Lake of the Woods, Devils Lake, etc. Video covers basic to advanced techniques, underwater eat and footage, and how to tie the CLACKSHOTBuy the clackshot weight here !https://sportsheadquarters.ca/collect..."

Has anyone tried this or think it would maybe work?

xflfan69

Looks interesting. I might have to give it a try. He catches a lot of fish in his videos with it. Says it calls them in on flats. Can buy most of the stuff for 10 of them for the price he sells them for though.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a rattling dropshot. I have done similar with a rattle spoon and a hook or at times a panfish fly, ND it is legal. It is a good way to give 2 different offerings at once. For fishing deeper I was thinking about something like that when I was going through my summer weights this year and try it more as a deadstick technique.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
My hang up with this design is the heavy weight (1/4oz) he is using. If the fish takes the bait and needs line fed to it, it’s going to eventually feel the weight of the 1/4oz weight when it runs with it regardless of line being fed from above. I run a deadstick right by my jigging rig. Make noise with the jig, offer live bait right next door.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a deadly deadstick setup that works amazingly well.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75