New for 2021

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been on the water the past 8 days.
Life is good.
Bought a livescope, going to be a fun season!

Two nights ago
FB_IMG_1684374837181.jpg

After a week of windy shitty weather mother nature finally gave us a break.
View attachment 58887

::wowzers:: Damn!! What part of the country is this? Columbia River?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be inheriting my late grandpa's old 14' alumacraft with 15 horse Evinrude. It has been in my aunt's poll barn for 10 yrs, so hopefully everything will be okay after some TLC. Hoping it will withstand the journey to ND!

Check tires and bearings!!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are having some pretty warm temps in the Billings area, so runoff is starting in the foothills and will be making its way down the Yellowstone over the coming days. Something is a brewing in the weather for the middle of next week though, so I guess we will see how that unfolds.

Nonetheless, I won't be surprised if the river opens up in the Bismarck area this coming weekend. I don't know if they will have the ramps pushed off by then, but we should be seeing changes pretty quickly with at least the river ice.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^ Good news...I think Allen? Makes me a little nervous when you say "something is a brewing in the weather for the middle of next week"! Moisture...great...super cold temps...not great!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
A boat...I need a boat. Something cheap that seats maybe three and can take a bit of a beating. I want to fish the river, which is something I've not done much.

So, if anyone knows of anything...lol

What constitutes cheap?

That guy

Honored Member
I will add a new old shirt to throw in the corner of the boat for my first sunburn this year and a can of seafoam in the gas tank.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I replaced the bunks on trailer last year. I need a new battery, and I should replace the side boards on the trailer. I have the wood and was going to do it last year but just didn't. Want to try using more leadcore and my dipsey divers this year. May have to upgrade my leadcore reels as they are crap.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are having some pretty warm temps in the Billings area, so runoff is starting in the foothills and will be making its way down the Yellowstone over the coming days. Something is a brewing in the weather for the middle of next week though, so I guess we will see how that unfolds.

Nonetheless, I won't be surprised if the river opens up in the Bismarck area this coming weekend. I don't know if they will have the ramps pushed off by then, but we should be seeing changes pretty quickly with at least the river ice.

Snow system doesn't surprise me. We had lots of fog 90 days prior back in December.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^ Good news...I think Allen? Makes me a little nervous when you say "something is a brewing in the weather for the middle of next week"! Moisture...great...super cold temps...not great!

Since we are supposed to continue this warm weather into next week, it may very well be rain.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
A boat...I need a boat. Something cheap that seats maybe three and can take a bit of a beating. I want to fish the river, which is something I've not done much.

So, if anyone knows of anything...lol

I have heard that riverfibber has a WELL used one, that has taken a beating. So it is experienced on the river. :;:cheers

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think you got 1 more time than me.
Yeah but you just moved and had a lot on your plate to do. The stars just did not align for me and the wife. She has to give notice 2 weeks in advance for time off and the wind blew 30 mph for all 4 days. Just cant plan that far ahead in ND.LB

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were thinking around $2-3K.

I don't have anything in that range, but if you doubled that, we could discuss a 1997 Alumacraft 185 with a 135 mariner with full electronics, trolling motor, elec downriggers, planer board setup, custom tarp, full canopy, and maybe even an anchor. (Grin)

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
rumor has it that the stone is clear through miles city and glendive...

ice at williston is more blue than white but no rise yet... i told a buddy today that if he wanted to try ice fishing in 73* weather, saturday is his chance...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 73