New for 2021

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In celebration of the nice warm temps this week, let's talk about what we may be getting that will be new to us for open water 2021. I'm getting hydraulic steering and new batteries on the boat this spring. Oh, and like always, sure I'll drop a few hundred $$s on gear of all kind...that I convince myself I've got to have! Here's to the open water season...which good Lord willing is right around the corner!#$%^&>

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I'm keeping it simple this year. A bimini top for the family on those hot days, an iTroll, and an overhang at the lake to park the boat under. Is it already time to start watching the satellite imagery to keep an eye on the big lake opening up out west? :D

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm keeping it simple this year. A bimini top for the family on those hot days, an iTroll, and an overhang at the lake to park the boat under. Is it already time to start watching the satellite imagery to keep an eye on the big lake opening up out west? :D

V - I started looking at the satellite every day right after that one warm/wet/windy day 2 weeks ago! I fished Centennial Bay Friday...no snow on the ice at all...kinda thinking with temps in the 50s/sun/wind...she's gonna go fast. Not like years past when you still have 35 inches of ice to melt. Centennial had maybe 25 last week.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
We're heading to CA on Thursday and hope to be back at Metigoshe by the end of April. I just looking for more slime in my tote on the boat and more bluegills in my live well. Walters would be welcome too. I'm sure the ice will not be totally off Metigoshe before May 1.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It appears were all set short of a tanker load of 91 and about the same amount of Pendelton. Seriously though, all four watercraft are ready to go minus a few minor fixes to the kids new boat and maybe a fresh motor for the golf cart. I had to adjust the valves 4 times last year. Apparently 1100 hours of lake dust is about all they can take, lol.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd really like to get into a boat with the Lowrance Active Target in it. That's the only thing on my wish list. Other than that, I'm set. New set of batteries is in the garage awaiting the boat. I'm betting the river opens up this week.

Greenhorn

Honored Member
I'll be inheriting my late grandpa's old 14' alumacraft with 15 horse Evinrude. It has been in my aunt's poll barn for 10 yrs, so hopefully everything will be okay after some TLC. Hoping it will withstand the journey to ND!

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been on the water the past 8 days.
Life is good.
Bought a livescope, going to be a fun season!

Two nights ago
20210228_212438_capture.jpg

After a week of windy shitty weather mother nature finally gave us a break.
20210301_160733.jpg

Last edited:

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'd really like to get into a boat with the Lowrance Active Target in it. That's the only thing on my wish list. Other than that, I'm set. New set of batteries is in the garage awaiting the boat. I'm betting the river opens up this week.

What batteries you go with for trolling? I'm upgrading my crank battery to a 27 series dual purpose. Trolling batts jumping up to 31 series...haven't decided yet on wet cell or AGM?

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha ha
Close to the mythical 3 foot mark, she's still swimming.:;:thumbsup:;:thumbsup

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
What batteries you go with for trolling? I'm upgrading my crank battery to a 27 series dual purpose. Trolling batts jumping up to 31 series...haven't decided yet on wet cell or AGM?

Interstate 31 series wet cells all around. Got them from a friend that runs a towing business so I couldn't pass up the deal.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
A boat...I need a boat. Something cheap that seats maybe three and can take a bit of a beating. I want to fish the river, which is something I've not done much.

So, if anyone knows of anything...lol

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

I ordered one the first week in January. I hope I get it soon.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
First priority is to upgrade my trolling motor to an iPilot for my puddle jumper.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75