Spring snows 2021

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was down in jamestown to aberdeen area late last week and there were flocks in fields along 281 and also down in SD along 12 on the way to leola. Seen a couple of the larger bodies of water full of them in that exit 233 east to jamestown area as well. good luck boys.

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was hunting south of jamestown last weekend. All the snows left on Monday.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
there was a flock of a couple thousand on Island lake on Sunday along the interstate and Saturday watched the white tornado dropping in on a small slew just west of Jamestown. Cant believe how many birds were in that area and the slew they were just starting to drop into was maybe the size of the Civic Center. No way all those birds would have fit into that slew but it is fun to witness as they are piling in.

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody seeing any, did they push back with the snow?

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Descent flock south of Strasburg last Tuesday. Good flock in northern Nebraska on Wednesday evening. I was surprised to see them still that far south. Figured they’d have all push thru awhile ago.

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well going to try one last time this weekend. Anybody seeing any?

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
there was a pretty good sized wad feeding around leeds/york on sunday. north of highway 2

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Descent flock south of Strasburg last Tuesday. Good flock in northern Nebraska on Wednesday evening. I was surprised to see them still that far south. Figured they’d have all push thru awhile ago.

I’ve seen a few random snows and even small groups stay in ND all summer long. A couple years ago I could have shot some snow geese in August during the early Canada goose season. It was a flock of about 10 with a couple really nice blues in it. They had been hanging on the same slough all summer and were not cripples. They could fly just like the honkers.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve seen a few random snows and even small groups stay in ND all summer long.

Yep, all last summer there was a small group of snows on the slough off the S side of I-94 right by the Cleveland exit.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve seen a few random snows and even small groups stay in ND all summer long. A couple years ago I could have shot some snow geese in August during the early Canada goose season. It was a flock of about 10 with a couple really nice blues in it. They had been hanging on the same slough all summer and were not cripples. They could fly just like the honkers.

Seems to be happening more and more frequently every year where they stick around all summer. I'm wondering if at some point in their evolution they may decide they don't have to fly all the way to the tundra to nest and start staying closer to the border during the summer. Probably won't live long enough to find out, but who knows.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems to be happening more and more frequently every year where they stick around all summer. I'm wondering if at some point in their evolution they may decide they don't have to fly all the way to the tundra to nest and start staying closer to the border during the summer. Probably won't live long enough to find out, but who knows.

typical on welfare snows,lack of desire to work/migrate,local food shelves keep em fed,plenty of water,little sex now and then might as well hang tight.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76