Spring purge

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure what it is about this time of year, but I get a serious bug to go through my stuff and just throw heaps of things.

It's amazing how much stuff someone can accumulate, seemingly without realizing it. And it drives me nuts, because the more things I have, the harder it is to find the things I actually need.

It might tickle 60 this weekend, which means I'm going to be full-on garage organization mode. Might even get the trailer out and see how full I can get it to justify running to the dump.

Anyone else get like that, or am I an oddball??

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Before out little guy came along in 2019 I had a 20 yard roll off dropped in my driveway for this exact purpose. Wife said I was nuts getting such a big roll off but I came real close to filling it to the top. Once you get that itch to toss things it's hard to stop.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
It gets worse as you get older, especially if you live in the same house forever.

Still gotta sort those nuts and bolts out :)

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
My gun room has a path through to the other end so I can still reach everything so all is good. If I get the urge to start organizing I take a nap until it goes away. 😴

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
My paint booth looks like a bomb went off. I usually have a good break between seasons to do a deep clean and organization, but the last two years it has been steady. The garage got a once over yesterday since the boat came home.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did a purge last year during the COVID shut down. It was amazing how much junk was in the junk drawers! Stuff that of course you will use one day...NOT!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
​Just give me a call. I can be there in 2 1/2 hours.

:;:thumbsup I have a hard time parting with anything and the room doesnt grow. Thd only way I get rid of things that are still valuable is give it to kids or grandkids. A year ago I seen this kife that was neet so had to have it. I already had about two dozen knives so after admiring it for a year I gave it to a granddaughter a week ago.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy can put a little coin away in the gun fund by selling some of that junk.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes. Especially the garage since that's where a lot of beer drinking is done in the summer. In fact, I started purging last weekend and threw a bunch of stuff out. I even plan on painting the ceiling and walls soon. I've also been thinking about renting a storage unit to free up some more room and possibly invest in a toy this summer.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
use to have 1 junk drawer, now have 3, plus the top of the frig

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were debating on selling the house and decided not to because we would have to deal with our junk...so now we are in the process of purging...

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
interesting topic.... always wondered what happens with grandma's ashes and deer mounts. I would think they may not hand down for many generations before the interest wains... also what do people that have to start life over do with all the junk... lord there is a lot of junk

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were debating on selling the house and decided not to because we would have to deal with our junk...so now we are in the process of purging...

This. We are always looking at different houses, but the sheer volume of stuff we have, is just.. .. . well.. tiring.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
this year I am cleaning the garage. Got a heck of a deal on a 48 ft extra tall container last year, with paying to move it and the heavy planks I put it on have just over a grand in it.

got shelving built last fall with lumber I had otherwise with the price of lumber probably would have doubled the price lol.

gonna mount a system inside so can hang deer in the fall or pick up a mower to work on the underside. Also put in a window or two for light, will make a good storage and work area when I get done.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
We did this the first week in February. After 28 years in this house, we hauled out 3 pickup loads to the dump and a half a pickup load to good will. Also gave the kids a few things. And sold some things we never use anymore. When we started, the wife would pick up something and put it down, I explained to her that I get the sentimental value of some of the things we have but when we die our kids will have a role off dumpster set in the driveway and through it away. With the younger generation of today, some of the stuff we think has sentimental they don't want or have room for.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can hardly find the damn boat in the garage. It looks like a nuke went off in there. Pulling er out this weekend.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77