cabelas bass pro

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anybody had issues lately ordering stuff:

I have a couple incidents in the last few months that makes me really wonder if Johnny has his shit together:

1. I ordered a traeger for the lake - the price was too right but i added it to the cart purchased hit my card and then it never shipped. 3 or 4 days later they state we dont have it in stock card is reversed; yet the sob was still on the web site showing inventory. I order again same sequence.

2. i ordered auger = sent it back for refund - (me and electric augers no tanks). They refunded my card way back in January. Low and behold i get an email stating that they never received the product back. So i call em and they tell me yes we received the product back. So I am like what is the hassle. Nothing yet they wanted to know what the tracking number was. I said as soon as fed ex wanded it through a day or two later i had a credit on my card. They said everything is ok dont worry end of conversation. I come home today and in the mail is a gift card for the return price. I am like WTF.

How about Johnnys trade in and old reel or rod - what is that all about? What do they do with the old shit and can a guy trade in anything?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve gone through situation #1 quite a few times.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Situation #1 is very common for them.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you watch my vid?

haha, okay okay, i watched it. Destroyed by Wall Street.

I would hate to live in that town now. I used to love that company. What happened was not Cabela's fault, but they didn't have to sell. Of course, that guy might have driven them under with lawsuits.

Used to keep their yearly catalog, like we kept the Sears and Penneys Christmas catalogs when I was a kid.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to love Cabelas and they used to have good sales once in a while. Ever since they were bought buy Bass Pro they have been over-priced and shitty.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was a died-in-the-wool Cabela's dude. Used my Card for dang near everything so I could get points and buy more stuff.

Haven't used it in well over a year. I do all my shopping at Scheel's now.

Last edited:

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
BassPro is Florida-Man central. Sleeveless flannels, insanely curved camo hat brims, jeans tucked into cowboy boots, general lack of hygeine, dimwitted employees at the gun counter, and cheap garbage for sale. I hate that store with every fiber of my being.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like walking into cliché' store of what vegans and liberals picture in their heads of hunters

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87