Open Water Watch 2021

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
From the Heskett Staircase we spotted 11 of those dead cattle on the sandbar out in the middle of the Missouri. They are on the Mandan side of the sandbar (probably not viewable from Misty Waters) out in the middle of the river. My understanding from talking with a person at the staircase, Price has probably over a thousand head of cattle on his feedlot/ranch.

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 90+ mph wind ripped Sak open today.
Imagine being out in that!:bigpuke:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been out in those conditions, in my Pacific Ocean going boat, it can be done. Prolly not in fresh water ND boats.

IMG_0120.jpg

22' Seaswirl Striper made in Oregon. 351 ci Ford marine engine (45 knots the one time I opened it up in 25 years, a walk-around cuddy cabin (I wanted a walk-around because I used it for SCUBA diving and we needed to set and pull the anchor from the bow) and self-bailing cockpit (the water that comes over the bow/gunnels drains out/does not go into the bilge.)
Self bailing is really needed going on the ocean.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been out in those conditions, in my Pacific Ocean going boat, it can be done. Prolly not in fresh water ND boats.

dwcpage3.jpg

It's not the amplitude of the waves, it's the frequency that's different between Sak and most saltwater locations.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member

dwcpage3.jpg

22' Seaswirl Striper made in Oregon. 351 ci Ford marine engine (45 knots the one time I opened it up in 25 years, a walk-around cuddy cabin (I wanted a walk-around because I used it for SCUBA diving and we needed to set and pull the anchor from the bow) and self-bailing cockpit (the water that comes over the bow/gunnels drains out/does not go into the bilge.)
Self bailing is really needed going on the ocean.

Still wouldn't be any fun.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69