Who remembers~

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome stories of times past! Thanks for sharing!

I'm 41....I don't have the epic tales that others do. Mine revolve around "old Fargo" and the things we used to be able to do that I would never let my kids do now.

I remember riding bike at a young age to many sports practices/games down 13th Ave. Isn't nearly the same now!

I DO remember that I was my grandparents "remote control" for the TV. "Hey, change it to channel 4 - Dallas is on!"

Also remember when "VCR Plus" became a thing and I was the "genius" responsible for programming recordings.

Oh, and tinfoil on the rabbit ears.

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
No I wasn't making a political statement like all your posts are. I'm saying I'm living in the good old days right now and I would never want to go back in time. Those of you who think the world is coming to an end simply because a politician you don't like is in office don't realize how well off you really are. Shut the fuck up and try to make the world a better place instead of tearing it down. It's not a perfect world but it could be much worse. Like back when I was a kid and the nuns had us crawl under our desks the day Kennedy was killed. Those were not good old days no matter what kind of shows were on TV.

geez pony settle down,no offense intended,your spinning this thread way out of control,"ma and pa kettle" at the begining of this thread,thanx for sharing how you grew up.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those were the good old days in my opinion. Simple things in life and most people were happy.
You worked hard and slept good that night because you were tired from all the manual labor.
People worked for a living and weren't living off the Government or someone else. You took pride in working and doing a good job with what you were doing. Pride was a good thing. You talked with people and not emailing or texting.
People helped each other and were quick to do so.
Remember my parents saying, " if it doesn't kill you, it will only make you stronger"! :;:exactly

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
geez pony settle down,no offense intended,your spinning this thread way out of control,"ma and pa kettle" at the begining of this thread,thanx for sharing how you grew up.
::laughing::Oh come on snow, side your mask up so it covers your eyes and everything will be hunky dorry. :;:thumbsup

Pay no mind to Buckwheat. ;)

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
BBJ agreed,only in my younger days one of my trades was concrete work first as a laborer then a flat work finisher long days in the blistering sun,then rather than supper and hit the hay ....it was second wind,hit the saloon,chase the gals until closing time,remember getting home as the sun came up,robins singing then off the another bust your ass day telling yourself "never again" only to repeat,repeat...

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those were the good old days in my opinion. Simple things in life and most people were happy.
You worked hard and slept good that night because you were tired from all the manual labor.
People worked for a living and weren't living off the Government or someone else. You took pride in working and doing a good job with what you were doing. Pride was a good thing. You talked with people and not emailing or texting.
People helped each other and were quick to do so.
Remember my parents saying, " if it doesn't kill you, it will only make you stronger"! :;:exactly

​Yup, agree 110% and now most chase happiness with spending more money. How many achieve it ???

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
snow it sounds like we had some things in common. In 1968 I layed concrete for Balin Bins and 40x100 round roofed buildings. Some bins 55 ft high for the elevstors like those at Munich. One summer on concrete and the next gunner with bolts on the impact wrench. That was .25 cents more thsn the concrete so I got a whopping $2 an hour.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed,I had it made at 3.50/hr thank goodness no pull tabs back then.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75