Tamapa Bay, Fl- Charter Reccomendations

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just looking for anyone that has fished the Tampa Bay area and would be willing to share any references for a good charter / guide service. We're likely looking to do inland/bay fishing as we'll have some kids with us (ages 9,12,15) and looking for a service that has multiple boats so we can split up 3 to boat. any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. This is our first time to this part of FL and I've exhausted my connections that are more down in the southwest and Keys.

Thanks,

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try searching a little south of Tampa, like Lemon Bay. We never did a inshore charter there but there are big party boats that will take large groups off shore. Probably my favorite day we've had down there we just rented a Toon. Son and I brought our own rods and caught fish where ever we stopped. Dolphins would swim right up and wait for us to toss them our catch.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not really interested in doing a party boat off shore, That's really not fishing in my opinion. I'm OK paying the price and doing a private charter. Last one we did was a black-fin Tuna trip out of Key West with Compass Rose charters, it was a once in a life time experience. Probably not looking to be at that level but definitely something more personalized.

As a side note, we're actually staying inland about 15 miles on a lake and will have a boat there for our day to day use.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Following. My wife and I are looking at doing a fishing trip for our 10 year anniversary next summer. I was looking into Florida charters yesterday and found some decent ones, but I would rather have advice from someone with personal experience. I was also looking at Duluth or even just a day trip to Sak for salmon.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Following. My wife and I are looking at doing a fishing trip for our 10 year anniversary next summer. I was looking into Florida charters yesterday and found some decent ones, but I would rather have advice from someone with personal experience. I was also looking at Duluth or even just a day trip to Sak for salmon.

Single best trip I've ever been on is the Black-Fin Tuna run (specialty trip) with Compass Rose Charters out of Key West. Very Knowledgeable captains, good equipment, and fishing you'd have to see to believe. It's not a cheap trip, they run a 40' sea hunter equip'd with triple 300 Verado's for that particular trip. You run 30-50 miles off shore out to the shrimp boats and get to enjoy an ocean sunrise on the trip out. You'll leave at dark thirty and come back with sore arms! I'll do it again in a heartbeat next time I get anywhere near Key West.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tampa area is one of my favorites in Florida. Look up Travis at Instinct Fishing and/or Jason at Steady Action. Friend has done inshore charters with both of them and highly recommends. If they're booked, they can probably point to another good option.

Public pier, bridge and shore fishing is a fun option, especially with kids. Lots of public access. Google "pier fishing rig" and grab some shrimp and squid. Incoming tide is your friend.

Sunshine skyway bridge and fishing piers are a must see. Even if you don't fish, it's fun to drive the piers and see what is going on. Entrance fee covers fishing license, and equipment is available for rent. This is true for many public piers.

Leave the kids for a bit and check out one of the Winghouse locations. Total Wine is also a sight to behold if you need supplies. Hit up Brocato's for some Devil Crabs and Cuban coffee.

Have fun!

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am also following and glad this came up.
wife and I 10 year is next jan. we are heading to Florida in the fort myers cape coral area as we have some family we will also visit during the time there. BUt we are looking at doing 1-2 days of inshore/near shore ship wreck fishing so if anyone knows of recommended charters out of fort myers/ cape coral that would be great. I called jimbo charters yesterday and endless summer charters yesterday.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75