New Rapala R12 Fillet Knife

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could have gave it a workout this week on Erie Matt..uffda!
After a. Certain high inch amount the trusty 110 Rapala HD bogged down a bunch. I couldn't do it. I'm not catholic but still felt like I needed to hit the confessional.

Just so we're clear, do you need the confessional because you cleaned big fish or because you swore a bunch at the knife?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anymore reviews on this knife? Should be delivered this week. #$%^&>

I'm very happy with mine. As Capt Ahab said, the higher rpm's come in handy. I have cleaned maybe 15 or so, and am still on the first charge on the first battery.

FWIW, the light on the front of the saw (knife) is not bright enough to be of value, but I usually clean fish at home.

The trigger being on the top took a little bit to get used to, but now I'm past the learning curve. I like it!

Silver

Is the R12 Rapala filet knife the same as the Cordless Deluxe Rapala filet knife?

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just so we're clear, do you need the confessional because you cleaned big fish or because you swore a bunch at the knife?

Ummm
20210413_181803.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bubba Blade ordered and on its way. I gave my trusty Rapala to the boy for his fishing quests, he has become quite the fisherman.
I like the case, 4 blade options, and back up battery. Hope I am not disappointed like I am on almost all new items I replace my old tried and true ones with.
I do have a corded one in the boat for back up, but haven't skinned it out in years, it just tours around the lake with me season after season like a boss.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Johnr man I would have sold you mine for half price, used it maybe 4 times. If I were you I'd send it back and get the new R12 rapala. Used it all summer, there's no comparison in my opinion.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Johnr man I would have sold you mine for half price, used it maybe 4 times. If I were you I'd send it back and get the new R12 rapala. Used it all summer, there's no comparison in my opinion.
I received it as somewhat of a gift. I had 4 things to choose from, and this was the most likely to be used item I could pick.
Maybe I will wrap it and give it to my boy being old trusty is still in fine working order, slip it in as a Christmas gift.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
ive always wondered who took there moms elect bread knife and cleaned fish with it first. i still like a regular knife cleaning fish. i did buy a mister twister electric knife to cut seat foam worked good for that.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
ive always wondered who took there moms elect bread knife and cleaned fish with it first. i still like a regular knife cleaning fish. i did buy a mister twister electric knife to cut seat foam worked good for that.
I still have a mr twister, just in case.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I received it as somewhat of a gift. I had 4 things to choose from, and this was the most likely to be used item I could pick.
Maybe I will wrap it and give it to my boy being old trusty is still in fine working order, slip it in as a Christmas gift.
Have had the Bubba little over a yr. Really like it, very good battery life.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had the R12 for a while now. It's still very impressive. Some of the coating is wearing off the blades, but it still works as it should.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still have my American angler that I can hook up to a 12 volt lithium battery, nothing cuts as good as the old gray AA, I also have a Bubba electric knife and I prefer the AA because it has more powerful. I like the mobility of the AA when I'm on the ice, i like to fillet my northerns right way.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Electric Bubba was replaced by R12 this summer. Its not even close. Faster motor speed and better blades.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66