New Rapala R12 Fillet Knife

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wait. Why is that manual still in the case? That should have been filed away in the round file holder immediately.
That manual should be disposed of immediately, just like all the instructions for the rash of kids toys I have put together over the last 28 years.
Manuals are for pussies...

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
That manual should be disposed of immediately, just like all the instructions for the rash of kids toys I have put together over the last 28 years.

For something like this, I agree. Not too complicated.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

hey cowboy

round file holder = garbage can

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
hey cowboy

Wait are you saying there’s a direct correlation between lack of reading comprehension and delusions of grandeur....(see weekend planning thread) grin

- - - Updated - - -

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
hey cowboy

I was under the assumption that you actually had some sort of round file holder with all your important owners manuals...haha
Maybe some tarp straps and other neat device for your improved Dewey decimal system.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait are you saying there’s a direct correlation between lack of reading comprehension and delusions of grandeur....(see weekend planning thread) grin

- - - Updated - - -

Oh there will be humping, and lots of it.. the only delusion is whether mrs johnr will be part of it, or if I am going at it alone.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was under the assumption that you actually had some sort of round file holder with all your important owners manuals...haha
Maybe some tarp straps and other neat device for your improved Dewey decimal system.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh there will be humping, and lots of it.. the only delusion is whether mrs johnr will be part of it, or if I am going at it alone.
Go get her tiger!!! Jergens can be your friend.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
junk.jpg

junk!!!!! Stick to making lures

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Shorthairs, it's my understanding that only happens if the wrong charger is used, and that is certainly not unique to that device. Same reason you can't put a lithium in a vexilar without switching the charging system as well.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shorthairs, it's my understanding that only happens if the wrong charger is used, and that is certainly not unique to that device. Same reason you can't put a lithium in a vexilar without switching the charging system as well.

Recall not charger - - look it up

- - - Updated - - -

battery is shit

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run a Dakota Lithium on my Vexilar without changing anything.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I cleaned some fish with the R12 and it is a buzz saw for sure. The extra RPMs make it “glide” more like a really sharp standard knife. I’m looking forward to the next batch of fish.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm often flabbergasted at the skill level (or complete lack of) at the cleaning stations.

Guys with $80,000 boats hacking/gouging their way through fish as though they're 12 yrs old and they never had anyone to teach them. (ask me how I know)

It doesn't matter what the cost or style of the knife is - use what you like.

But for the love of all that is holy - please get good at it. Some of us are sensitive to witnessing caveman game processing skills being practiced upon God's gift to anglers. They simply deserve better.

#guywhoisoffended

- - - Updated - - -

also - I recently got a new battery (free) for my Li Rapala - due to a recall. :)

#Chainsaworfilletknifealllooksthesame.

I much prefer an electric to a standard blade, though not for lack of significant $$ dumped into finding a standard blade I like.

I prefer the corded HD Rapala power-head with thin blades that have some flex and little to no curve.

I have the original Rapala Li-Ion and use it when power isn't handy, but, prefer the extra power and cycle speed of the corded HD unit. I haven't tried or even seen the newest HD cordless.

Last edited:

Dryfly36

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you aware of the recall from Rapala Ion batteries. Check their website. I received a brand new battery to replace my old recalled battery.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just saw the new cordless on sale at Scheels for $130 thru April 18. Still expensive but $30 off what it was

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could have gave it a workout this week on Erie Matt..uffda!
After a. Certain high inch amount the trusty 110 Rapala HD bogged down a bunch. I couldn't do it. I'm not catholic but still felt like I needed to hit the confessional.

Last edited:

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy forgive me father. That's a steak not a cheek .

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75