NCHC Frozen Faceoff

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
UND played a so so game last night. Tied it up with a minute 20 seconds left in the game and won in overtime.

UND plays St. Cloud State for the NCHC championship at 7:30 tonight on CBS Sports.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was an awesome game, Good to see Scheel make quality saves when he needed to and kept them in the game. It wasn't easy but they were able to grind it out and get the win, Hopefully they grow lots of whiskers and confidence with close games like that.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Frozen faceoff champs! Hell of a game. Next step is National Champs.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another good game. I was surprised NCHC TV didn't carry the games. I had to take a free 7 day trial to watch these two and will have to do the same for ESPN .

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another good game. I was surprised NCHC TV didn't carry the games. I had to take a free 7 day trial to watch these two and will have to do the same for ESPN .

My brother and I bought the 7 game package, flew in Thursday and were at all of the games. We are staying at Hampton Inn on 42nd and 32nd south of the Alerus. Miami Redhawks were here Thursday and Friday and went home Saturday when UND beat them. We talked to some players and staff in the lobby. They had their meals catered in the conference room to limit outside contact because of the covid.

UND can play great hockey when they are motivated. Monday night they were NOT motivated in the second period. Going to get airline and room reservations for Frozen 4 in Pittsburg and if UND gets in we will get game tickets, if they do not get in we will cancel airline and rooms.

Our seats were in front of SCSU's goal in the 3rd period tonight, so we saw all of UND's 3rd period goals up close (we were 9 rows up from the ice and midway between the goal line and blue line.). Good seats.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
It wasn't fun being a UND fan for four out of the last 7 periods of hockey. And yet they got a pair of wins against some difficult teams. Onward and upward!

I shot a lot of games of pool during the first two periods of M and T games.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad for win. They did actually get outplayed by Denver the night before but there is certainly "no quit" in this team. Last night was an awesome game.

Greenhorn

Honored Member
With the committee wanting to avoid sending west teams to the east coast, we may get some good regional teams coming to Fargo! Should make for some great games.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
SL , when I was watching the DU game the camera man zoomed in on two older gents when they stood and clapped at the start of the 2nd or 3rd period. Both were wearing UND jerseys.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought to myself , They look like brothers. Then I thought , I remember seeing and reading on Nodak about two brothers who have been known to travel great distances to watch UND play.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
With the committee wanting to avoid sending west teams to the east coast, we may get some good regional teams coming to Fargo! Should make for some great games.

I hope they send St Cloud out west to Loveland with Minnesota, that would probably leave us with Duluth in the Fargo regional. Should be a rocking house in Fargo regardless

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
SL , when I was watching the DU game the camera man zoomed in on two older gents when they stood and clapped at the start of the 2nd or 3rd period. Both were wearing UND jerseys.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought to myself , They look like brothers. Then I thought , I remember seeing and reading on Nodak about two brothers who have been known to travel great distances to watch UND play.

Mike and I at the games. Short 9k spectators I felt it was COLD in the area every night. We booked our airline tickets to Pittsburg April 7 - 11 while waiting for our plane to leave for MSP.

Resized_20210315_221654.jpg

Last edited:

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mike and I at the games. Short 9k spectators I felt it was COLD in the area every night. We booked our airline tickets to Pittsburg April 7 - 11 while waiting for our plane to leave for MSP.

20230523_170541.jpg

As a huge hockey fan, this conversation just made my evening.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member

20230523_170541.jpg

As a huge hockey fan, this conversation just made my evening.

All the goals UND scored in the 3rd period were in front of the seats were in - about half way between the goal line and the blue line of SCSU's goalie.

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

Last edited:

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member

20230523_170541.jpg

Ya'll were on TV quite a bit.

There is a few pirate streams on youtube and facebook for the people that don't have options.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya'll were on TV quite a bit.

There is a few pirate streams on youtube and facebook for the people that don't have options.

We didn't see ourselves on the Jumbotron on Monday and then we had dinner on Tuesday night with a guy from the Alumni Association that told us that the Jumbotron and CBS Sports Net have different program directors and they do not necessarily use the same shot for tv and the Jumbotron, so we might not have been seen in the arena as much. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

20230523_170541.jpg

I look pretty heavy in this pic (I'm on the left with the WHITE hat, but I mentioned that I was cold since the Ralph was missing 9K spectators. It should also be noted that I have lived in San Jose for 40 years and have not spent a complete winter in ND since '72. So to keep warm I am wearing 2 short sleeved Tee shirts, 1 long sleeved Tee shirt, 1 long sleeved dress shirt, 1 vest and my SIOUX sweater ... and I was still cold. I cannot imagine wearing what I saw some young people wearing. (Maybe they had more antifreeze than I did!). You couldn't pay me enough to live there year round.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
My brother and I bought the 7 game package, flew in Thursday and were at all of the games. We are staying at Hampton Inn on 42nd and 32nd south of the Alerus. Miami Redhawks were here Thursday and Friday and went home Saturday when UND beat them. We talked to some players and staff in the lobby. They had their meals catered in the conference room to limit outside contact because of the covid.

UND can play great hockey when they are motivated. Monday night they were NOT motivated in the second period. Going to get airline and room reservations for Frozen 4 in Pittsburg and if UND gets in we will get game tickets, if they do not get in we will cancel airline and rooms.

Our seats were in front of SCSU's goal in the 3rd period tonight, so we saw all of UND's 3rd period goals up close (we were 9 rows up from the ice and midway between the goal line and blue line.). Good seats.

Are they allowing fans at the Frozen Four?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75