Best way to sell a gun

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a stoeger shotgun that is a few years old but has maybe never been used sitting in my gun safe. Thinking of getting rid of it for something a little more geared toward upland. I don't follow gun markets a lot; what's the best way to do this? Trade it in? Sell on bisman?

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't trade it in, some store like Scheels will screw the shit out of you

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Soon we'll have to sell guns on the black market...word of mouth only....

Post it on the classifieds here and I'll take a look at it. I've been wanting a new one for a few years now. Maybe this will be the year!

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have sold a gun on bisman before. Didn't use an FFL...is that a no-no?

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have sold a gun on bisman before. Didn't use an FFL...is that a no-no?

No your fine. private sales are currently legal.......though that is on the chopping block.

the best way to sell a gun.......dont...... someday in short order it will be extremely difficult to buy/own guns i would cherish and keep the ones you have quite.

- - - Updated - - -

i have told my dad who is 70 to think about "selling" all his guns:;:thumbsup while private sales are legal and currently not trackable.......if you get my drift

- - - Updated - - -

and whats the specs on the stoager and PM me a pic. i would potetnially take that off your hands i have enough boys and they will need a gun to beat up on

- - - Updated - - -

and as were on this topic, looking for a youth .410 24"-26" barrel. my kids have a 18.5" barreled one and do well but that gun wont hold a pattern to kill shit beyond 10 yards haha so anyone on here wants to get rid of a single shot, break open .410 im the guy

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I plan to "gift" mine to others the day before any new law takes effect. I won't have any to register as they are all out of my possession.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't trade it in, some store like Scheels will screw the shit out of you

No, Scheels isn't going to "screw" you. It's generally a very transparent process. Granted it's been 20yrs since I've worked in a Scheels store, but, I'd show the customer the retail value of their proposed trade-in gun in the "Blue Book of Gun Values" which provides values from new in box down to 10% condition. I'd appraise condition and tell the customer what I thought the gun would sell for on our shelves and give them ~60%-80% of the retail number depending on how I supposed the gun would sell on our shelf and whether they were trading or selling outright.

There's a big myth that there's a ton of margin in guns. There's not, especially not in new guns.

ND, SD, MT, and MN easily have the least expensive guns in the US. We have WAY more competition per capita than the rest of the country. There's lots of places in the US where your only option for guns/ammo in a 50Mi circle is Wal-Mart. You get into any community of ~5K or more people in ND, SD, MN, or MT and there'll be 2-5 places to buy guns/ammo in town and 5-10 more within a 100Mi circle.

Last edited:

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sell it to a friend, who really doesn't need it, and his wife doesn't really care...

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
you'll need a ffl if you sell/transport via mail to another state,dang near got caught selling one of my thunder sticks to a guy off the inter-web from california,luckly I was doing business with our B.C.A here in minn I asked these guyz the proceedure,they said don't f---around transporting over statelines,the feds have zero tolerance for stupidity,turned out the buyer in cali was homeland security he even pushed me to send to his address by pass ffl.dodged the bullet big time.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
you'll need a ffl if you sell/transport via mail to another state,dang near got caught selling one of my thunder sticks to a guy off the inter-web from california,luckly I was doing business with our B.C.A here in minn I asked these guyz the proceedure,they said don't f---around transporting over statelines,the feds have zero tolerance for stupidity,turned out the buyer in cali was homeland security he even pushed me to send to his address by pass ffl.dodged the bullet big time.

This. Don’t F around breaking rules that they’re waiting for you to break. If you’re selling to a resident of the same state (ND) and you do not have any reason to believe they’re a “prohibited person” (felon, minor), all you need is cash and carry. If selling to a resident of another state, it needs to go through an FFL.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
No your fine. private sales are currently legal.......though that is on the chopping block.

the best way to sell a gun.......dont...... someday in short order it will be extremely difficult to buy/own guns i would cherish and keep the ones you have quite.

- - - Updated - - -

i have told my dad who is 70 to think about "selling" all his guns:;:thumbsup while private sales are legal and currently not trackable.......if you get my drift

- - - Updated - - -

and whats the specs on the stoager and PM me a pic. i would potetnially take that off your hands i have enough boys and they will need a gun to beat up on

- - - Updated - - -

and as were on this topic, looking for a youth .410 24"-26" barrel. my kids have a 18.5" barreled one and do well but that gun wont hold a pattern to kill shit beyond 10 yards haha so anyone on here wants to get rid of a single shot, break open .410 im the guy

Believe it's the 3500 model, semi-auto, camo 12 guage. If it's been shot it's less than 10 rounds. I can send pics.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
another reason to get some crypto cash, and use it instead of $$

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110