Fort Rice - Morton County and NDGF

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The dock was still not in at Fort Rice ramp as of 3/22/2021. This is unacceptable. Bismarck docks have been in for over two weeks. Danger of ice damage in Fort Rice area has not been a factor for well over a week. County road crew was down there crack sealing last week. They couldn't have taken care of putting in the dock for the park board?

Morton County Park Board budget docs show they get about $19000/year from NDGF.

20210323_105754.jpg
Screenshot_20210323-105515_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20210323-105647_Drive.jpg

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
UNACCEPTABLE!! If I was in town this week, Tim would ge getting a ear full. Again the number is 701-667-3363. Yep, I am calling!

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks again Carpin for the heads up on park board meeting. I tuned in and Tim said docks went in this morning. Better late than never but will be calling to see if they can do better. I know we had that October cold snap scare but the dock was out way too long last fall as well.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hazelton just went in on Thursday but it did at least get in before the weekend. To be fair there was still a lot of ice to the north in that backwater, maybe they were worried about that.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good Job guys. Dock is still out in Yates, I'll try to see if I cant get roads to push it in. Oh and clear off the rocks on the ramp. Not sure if they are washing over in the huge waves that hit this ramp, or if some asshole is throwing them in there. But there are a LOT of big rip rap rocks right on the ramp.

Walleyeguy11

Might have something to do with the dead cows there pulling out. Was out last weekend and saw a boat pulling dead cows back to the fort rice ramp.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just push up to shore. We never had all these ramps and docks. Back in the day you guys are getting to soft

rippenlips

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sparkly boats need docks!

Never have had a problem putting my sparkly boat on the ramp, been doing it for years. Places like little heart bottom with a rocky shore line can create a little trouble for the solo fisherman who might not have the mobility they once did in their younger years. But yeah sparkly boats...:;:rockit:;:stirthepot

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just push up to shore. We never had all these ramps and docks. Back in the day you guys are getting to soft

Do you ever post anything without the intent of sounding like a jackass? What about the guys launching solo? How about not wanting to walk into knee-deep water? Or on a completely aesthetic purpose, not wanting to get the deck of my boat muddy? Some peoples kids.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
haters-gonna-hate.jpg
Do you ever post anything without the intent of sounding like a jackass? What about the guys launching solo? How about not wanting to walk into knee-deep water? Or on a completely aesthetic purpose, not wanting to get the deck of my boat muddy? Some peoples kids.

1685803677290.png

- - - Updated - - -

Last time i went spring fishing at rice -- it was such a shit show of vehicles and boats - a. you had to park a mile away for a parking spot b. you only used the ramp to back in and drive out right away. I didnt use the dock as i got out the way asap. Same when it was time to go home i pulled up to shore throttled to stick to bow in the sand and went and got go my truck.

And yes i am the asshole that pulled up on the rocks at devils and ran up and go my truck in the lightning storm at henneger.
"its not fair" "you need to wait in line" is all i could hear from the crowd of dock waiters walking up the rip rap.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74