Unit 3A3 is now "no hunting over bait"

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
On this mornings KX news, they had 26 deer test positive in the state. But they didn't say how many deer were tested and what unit\units the positive deer came from.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember folks. If you don't like any of this, it's the Governor you need to complain to. The GnF works directly for him....NOT YOU.....and CWD is STILL a non-issue with no observable consequences to ANY big game populations ANYWHERE. Except where men killed them off with guns to save them from dying. (Real high IQ's with that idea SMH) Just look at Wyoming, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and all the other states with so called outbreaks. They ALL still have thriving big game populations that have NOT seen a decline in populations. Wyoming has had it for over 25 years. The same goes for right here in good ole North Dakota. We've had CWD in ND for 13 F'N YEARS. Where's this great deer die off these mutton heads have been yacking about???? But never mind that, keep bending over, keep smiling, and going blindly onward. Carry On!!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember folks. If you don't like any of this, it's the Governor you need to complain to. The GnF works directly for him....NOT YOU.....and CWD is STILL a non-issue with no observable consequences to ANY big game populations ANYWHERE. Except where men killed them off with guns to save them from dying. (Real high IQ's with that idea SMH) Just look at Wyoming, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and all the other states with so called outbreaks. They ALL still have thriving big game populations that have NOT seen a decline in populations. Wyoming has had it for over 25 years. The same goes for right here in good ole North Dakota. We've had CWD in ND for 13 F'N YEARS. Where's this great deer die off these mutton heads have been yacking about???? But never mind that, keep bending over, keep smiling, and going blindly onward. Carry On!!
Exactly right. It's nothing but an excuse to push someone elses ethics on other people.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
i agree KDM i mean they have been preaching this for years and to be honest EHD/severe winters has far far far greater effects on deer mortality as a % of herd as a whole and CWD. i just do not get the logic here. They talked about the 3 RRR recruit and retain youth hunters. well this will achieve the exact opposite .... so again i do not trust the GF anymore. they want opportunity well this will achieve the exact opposite, they want more youth hunters again this will achieve the exact opposite so why???? to please a few people who bitch about baiting cuz i can say everyone i talk to in the bowhunting world thinks this is stupid so i would like to again see this suvery thats shows a majority want a bait ban....i can tell you i have two very close landowners i hunt on all that will happen from this is they will tell me to bait and they will shut down access to anyone else for birds so i dont get turned in..... good job GF

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a good chance the CWD research and management act will pass. What is written in there is States with no CWD will receive no money for monitoring while States with the highest prevalence will get the lions share.

If ND Game and Fish can do more sampling this fall and find way more CWD, they can get more of that money.

Of course, State Game and Fish Departments cannot lobby Congress for more money so they use their surrogate controlled opposition orgs for that. Such as Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, National Deer Association or Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership.

Follow the pork. Here is one that should make anyone go WTF.

The Inflation Reduction Act Includes Billions of Dollars for Deer Habitat, Wildlife Refuges, and Coastal Projects

Hunters and anglers aren’t the focus of the Inflation Reduction Act, which passed the U.S. Senate by a 51 to 50 vote with Vice President Kamala Harris making the tie-breaking vote on Sunday, but the bill will have a major impact on wildlife habitat across both public and private lands.
© busypix / Getty ImagesThe Inflation Reduction Act would allocate funding for deer habitat, among other conservation provisions.

The Inflation Reduction Act is the culmination of a year-long effort, which originally had several other initiatives included in what was known as the Build Back Better agenda. That bill failed to make it through Congress. Several items were changed and removed from that agenda to get this new bill passed. The Inflation Reduction Act currently includes:

$20 billion for USDA conservation programs over the next four years$2.6 billion to support coastal resilience projectsAlmost $5 billion for forest management on public and private land$500 million for habitat conservation and ecosystem restoration project in BLM land and National Park Service lands$100 million to rebuild and restore the National Wildlife Refuge System$1 billion for conservation technical assistance across the country
“This bill, which is much broader than the sportsman community, still includes some significant levels of funding that will benefit conservation,” says Backcountry Hunters and Angler’s government relations coordinator Kaden McArthur. “There’re a lot of good pieces that came together.”
The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 is positioned by its proponents as a way to fight rising inflation, but it’s a far-reaching bill. At its core, this act dedicates money to national issues like health care, drug prices, tax reform, energy security, and the environment.
“The Inflation Reduction Act, while broad, does contain important agriculture and conservation provisions that positively impact wildlife habitat,” says Torin Miller, director of policy for the National Deer Association. “In fact, it’s the largest investment in Farm Bill conservation programs in decades, it streamlines processes for undertaking and completing conservation projects nationwide, and it contains provisions to bolster wildlife habitat and conservation on farmland, forests, and coasts. For deer hunters, this means improved deer-producing habitat and better and new places to pursue America’s most iconic game animal.”
McArthur pointed to the $5 billion in forestry management as a major boon for hunters, noting the national backlog in forestry management. This funding would help reduce wildfires, which is extremely important as many areas are at high risk for extreme fires.
“There are guys who will put in for a tag for 15 years and then the unit they’re interested in hunting will go up in flames,” says McArthur. “Then that habitat is degraded long-term.”
Additionally, the bill includes reforms to energy leasing and increases minimum bids and rental rates for oil and gas leases. These changes are designed to give a fair return to taxpayers on the use of public lands.
All of this funding and the highlighted changes will provide more quality habitat for wildlife as well as huntable acreage and cleaner, fishable waterways. While the impact will be felt nationwide, specific parts of the bill will be more notable in different parts of the country.
Patrick Donovan, the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership’s chief policy officer, says there are investment components to the bill that will likely provide more benefit to places like the Midwest, whereas energy leasing reforms could have more of an impact in Western states.
“Some of those energy leasing reforms have been talked about and under discussion and debated for decades,” says Donovan.
After passing the Senate, the bill is moving to the House, where it’s expected to pass. Then it will go to President Biden, who has already endorsed it. The TRCP tracked the budget reconciliation discussions over this past year. In a blog post written by Donovan, the TRCP said it made recommendations to lawmakers about what would benefit hunters, anglers, and wildlife. Donovan says the bill is important in terms of the size of the investment.

“We’ve never seen, for example, a near doubling of the conservation funding for the USDA programs over the next four years, and that’s historic in and of itself,” says Donovan. “There’s going to be a lot of work to do on implementation.”
While the Inflation Reduction Act would provide a significant amount of funding for important conservation initiatives, it doesn’t provide detailed guidance on how those funds should be spent. This means federal agencies have a lot of leeway to determine how that funding is distributed. This is where Donovan says a lot of the work by the TRCP and other organizations will be focused on moving forward.
“The problem with the reconciliation process itself is that sometimes the scope of the policy can be pretty limited,” says Donovan. “So, there will be a lot of work done making sure funds go to the right place.”
Donovan said that means focusing on things like headwater restoration projects, coastal wetland restoration projects, and forest maintenance programs. Still, there are some things off the table that people in the sportsman community would have liked to have seen.
“We were hopeful for the version of this that seemed close to move back in December,” says McArthur. ”It had a few things that BHA would have loved to have seen in here, but they didn’t make the final cut.”
McArthur pointed to a provision that would have repealed the oil and gas leasing program in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and the modernization of the hardrock mining laws, which have not changed substantially in over 150 years.
“This bill has a lot of successes, and a lot of good programs, but it is a pared down version of what was proposed. That bill in December had no way of passing, so we’re very happy they came together to compromise on something that could get 50 votes.”

Last edited:

Devildogg

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can anyone find the old propaganda video the game and fish put out when they tried to go through the state legislature? I can remember the last part of the video where they said they didn’t want a generation of lazy hunters. I’ve searched 7 different ways from Sunday.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
The inflation reduction act will only line more liberal pockets, but to point to money spent on conservation as the primary waste is foolish on a site full of outdoors people. I am against this bill, but I'm not so sure you are Fritz, because conservation may be the only good thing in it.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right PG, a bill like that is bound to be greasy and I have to assume some of Joey's cronies are getting their pockets lined. But why complain specifically about the money bookmarked to benefit outdoorsmen? Because ND Farmers Bureau droids like Fritz are programmed to hate anything conservation.

“This bill, which is much broader than the sportsman community, still includes some significant levels of funding that will benefit conservation,” says Backcountry Hunters and Angler’s government relations coordinator Kaden McArthur.

Absolutely shocking take there.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
PrairieGhost,

Deficit spending is deficit spending. The Inflation Reduction Act's Bill title is a misnomer. Everyone knows it is going to do exactly the opposite.

The Biden Administration is bad but wait...er...uhm...thirty Billion dollars borrowed into existence and given to Farm Bill agencies is good.

Build Back Better Baby

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
PrairieGhost,

Deficit spending is deficit spending. The Inflation Reduction Act's Bill title is a misnomer. Everyone knows it is going to do exactly the opposite.

The Biden Administration is bad but wait...er...uhm...thirty Billion dollars borrowed into existence and given to Farm Bill agencies is good.

Build Back Better Baby

Oh I agree I was simply astounded by what you picked to complain about.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right PG, a bill like that is bound to be greasy and I have to assume some of Joey's cronies are getting their pockets lined. But why complain specifically about the money bookmarked to benefit outdoorsmen? Because ND Farmers Bureau droids like Fritz are programmed to hate anything conservation.

Absolutely shocking take there.

The gigs up every one except adult on set hunters and soy bois have left bha. They are as conservation as peta is. Just a different wolf in sheeps clothing.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh I agree I was simply astounded by what you picked to complain about.

Not complaining just sharing. There is a Bill out there called the CWD Research and Management Act. $35 million to CWD research and $35 million to CWD management/monitoring. Some of the later is dedicated to wildlife agency administrative costs and public education. Much one sided ban literature will be presented to John Q Public. Social change is about pressure. Say goodbye to baiting.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Baiting is not banned …. Hunting over bait is banned ….

Last edited:

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
i would agree its eventually going to get there but, enforcement will be sketchy at best and rely on RAP type calls so if i see a bait pile you dont have to worry about me calling anyone in. the older i get the more i realize how fkn corrupt our govt is......passing baseless laws not based on science but opinion

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55