Explain "blowing the bait fish"

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to fish to lighten my thoughts, and to relax. Seems some fellas like to bust the brains open and take the wet right outa a dream.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When there's zero or a slight chop; if walleye and channel cat are cruising ankle deep water; twitch a Shadrap on top. They will hit topwater and the strike is spectacular.

It's like something out of saltwater. You may not fill the boat but the experience is well worth it: Like boning that one bitch on TV. And she's happy afterward. And you are too. She knows not to kiss in the morning and not hiding her tits.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member

Where the Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean meet. Remarkable video from a Cruise Ship. The Straights of Juan del Fuego, at the tip of South America, (South of Argentia and Chili) is where the Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean meet without mixing.
Did you know that the two oceans do not mix? Watch the
video that shows it to you. Why do these waters not mix? Because there is a huge difference in salinity between the clear water that comes from melting glaciers, which is cool and low in salt, while the water from the second ocean has a high salt concentration. Therefore, the two oceans have different densities, which makes them almost impossible to mix.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never thought waves blew the baitfish to shore, I thought wave action stirred up the sediment and whatever baitfish eat so that's why they are there attracting the fish i want to catch.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where the Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean meet. Remarkable video from a Cruise Ship. The Straights of Juan del Fuego, at the tip of South America, (South of Argentia and Chili) is where the Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean meet without mixing.
Did you know that the two oceans do not mix? Watch the
video that shows it to you. Why do these waters not mix? Because there is a huge difference in salinity between the clear water that comes from melting glaciers, which is cool and low in salt, while the water from the second ocean has a high salt concentration. Therefore, the two oceans have different densities, which makes them almost impossible to mix.

this^^^ is false. they very much mix.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah hah, now we're getting somewhere. Oceanic waves, or basically waves in the middle of a body of water do in fact, mix very little.

But when waves come crashing on a SHORELINE, which is kind of the topic of this thread, waves do indeed mix the water a lot. It beats the hell out of the shore, stirs things up, and then the miniature riptide of water going back to depth carries with it silt, mud, and food.

SL, just curious here, but you do know water is more than just a hobby for me, or no?

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah hah, now we're getting somewhere. Oceanic waves, or basically waves in the middle of a body of water do in fact, mix very little.

But when waves come crashing on a SHORELINE, which is kind of the topic of this thread, waves do indeed mix the water a lot. It beats the hell out of the shore, stirs things up, and then the miniature riptide of water going back to depth carries with it silt, mud, and food.

SL, just curious here, but you do know water is more than just a hobby for me, or no?

Don't know what your occupation is ... your profile doesn't say. So no, I don't know.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beings its so dry...……………..who needs one of those?? ;:;rofl

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a hydrologist by pedigree, occupation, and hobbies.

I know I took a (some) hydrology courses in my Civil Engineering curriculum courses at UND getting my BSCE degree. I never used my Engineering courses in my career ... I used my degree to get my first 2 jobs in construction and then I went to work for my brother in his residential construction business and was a Project Manager for 27 years on housing and apartment projects in the San Jose, CA area. I loved my jobs and going to work all my 40 year working career.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to fish to lighten my thoughts, and to relax. Seems some fellas like to bust the brains open and take the wet right outa a dream.

Trying to put together a pattern and then succeeding puts a tsunami in my dream.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
What can you tell me about the sloshing of whiskey in my belly whilst running from the popo

If you aren't careful when changing directions, you will get a seiche of booze.

Nobody likes a seiche of booze, quality swill or not.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76