Side by side aftermarket cabs

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gonna pull the trigger on a crew side-by-side before next winter. Debating between a Defender or Ranger. If Yamaha Viking had tilt steering, they'd be in play. Leaning towards the Defender. My questions is, does anyone have a SuperATV, Curtis/DFK, or another after market cab? Do you like it or should I just go with an OEM cab?

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want a cab and heat then get a Ranger Northstar or Defender Limited. With the introduction of the pressurized cabs and A/C the OEM cabs are probably sealed up just as good, if not better, than aftermarket and the fit and finish is better.
I did a ton of research on these and was dead set on a Defender Limited Max....until I got my final quote at $30k. I prefer the ride and build quality of the defender over the ranger but I was able to score a pretty solid deal on a 2021 Ranger Northstar so I went that direction.

I have a relative that bought a base model 2020 defender and then added his own roof/cab/doors/heater. He's nearly at the same price as what a Limited would've cost him but his looks pieced together and doesn't have some of the added amenities of the Limited. With that said, if the SXS market wasn't so crazy right now you could probably get a better deal on a base model and save some bucks doing it yourself but thats just not the case right now.

Lastly, if you want it by winter I'd get moving soon. Mine was already on pre-order so it showed up quickly but if it isn't I've heard some units are 6 months out.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a DFK. Great cab.

That said - factory has got to be better these days.

It's no joke putting aftermarket cabs on either - they're not exactly a perfect fit. Took me a lot of hours.

- - - Updated - - -

The DFK cab I got fits the box too. I'd hate not having the box covered.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
"guywho covershisbox!"
i have a dfk. Great cab.

That said - factory has got to be better these days.

It's no joke putting aftermarket cabs on either - they're not exactly a perfect fit. Took me a lot of hours.

- - - updated - - -

the dfk cab i got fits the box too. I'd hate not having the box covered.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

This! I cussed a lot installing the even OEM cab on my Polaris RZR back in the day.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
How's the noise level you guys with cabs are experiencing? I have a AC Prowler HDX with a DFK cab and it's LOUD! Kind of expected I guess being a tin box with the engine and exaust right under it but sheesh you'd think there would be some way to deaden it a little. I put some of that Dynamat where I could but didn't help much.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would say go with an OEM cab. They will seal up better. The newer Polaris Northstar seals up very well. My only experience with aftermarket cabs was a Curtis cab on a 800 polaris ranger. It was a good cab but didn't seal up very well compared to the oem cab on the 900 ranger we got next.

OEM or aftermarket cab will be way better than no cab.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
hey cowboy

do you have any of the thing we describe as "imagination"?

cuz some of your questions seem like you don't #$%^&>
I imagine spending my free time fishing, hunting, or humping.
Guess you can spend your extra time trying to recreate a cab, or smoking some weed and skateboarding... haha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75