Minnow trap theif!

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just want to thank the low life scum sucking piece of trash who decided to take the minnow trap that my daughter and her grandfather put out in the last couple days. Tonight I get to explain to why we can't go check it and collect the minnows that she caught and put them into gramdpa's minnow tank. Who ever you are I hope you read this and take pride in taking someone else stuff. You are a prime example of what true sportsman isn't suppose to be.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thieves are one of the absolute worst, once you've been victimized you will always feel violated. Hope karma catches up to each and every one of them and really sucks a child was involved in the misfortune.

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thieves are one of the absolute worst, once you've been victimized you will always feel violated. Hope karma catches up to each and every one of them and really sucks a child was involved in the misfortune.

It hard enough to keep a kid interested in the outdoors while trying to compete with all the electronic distractions these days. Daughter is 10 still enjoys going fishing once in a while and plays soccer during the summer. Even came out to sit in a deer blind one morning. But shit like this is discouraging. We picked up a new trap and will try a different spot.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you happen to have some type of game cam that could be set up at new site? Lot of fricken tools around.
That's like the 2 that got caught breaking into Rv's at Pelican point near Jmst. Said they were just trying to get in to get warm. " REALLY" ,that's why you had to break into 7 of them ?

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Contact Game and Fish. There isn't much they can do but at least they will have record of it happening.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does your daughter like to fish? What other interests does she have? I’d like to put together a care package for her that will help her forget this useless piece of shit thief. PM me.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who does shit like this? I have such a fear of being caught, and conscience of ruining someone else's time that I could never be a POS thief.

regardless of cost, if it isn't yours don't mess with it.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
When we were young our Grandpa gave us a minnow trap and told us to put a slice of bread in it and throw it in our creek.
Man did we catch minnows for him. That bread was the cats meow.
We hate thieves also. Scum of the earth!
Was brought up, If you don't want it to happen to you, don't do it to others. Still had stuff stolen from us through the years but my conscience wouldn't even let me think of doing that to others.

Bob

I don't post much on any websites anymore but I will to this one seeming what happen. The minnow trap that was taken was mine! I am the grandpa who Sig357 is talking about. The trap had a snap closure that damn took a pair of pliers to open, attached to a 9 foot long cable with loops on each end. It was wrap around a very strong branch that was embedded in the earth, on each end! So to take it off you would have to open the snap closure, then pull the cable back through the loop which was around the branch, or brake the branch! They broke off the branch! $10.00 item is all they run on sale. I guess that's to much for some to spend? Oh well, lesson learned. Have a safe summer everyone.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
i don't post much on any websites anymore but i will to this one seeming what happen. The minnow trap that was taken was mine! I am the grandpa who sig357 is talking about. The trap had a snap closure that damn took a pair of pliers to open, attached to a 9 foot long cable with loops on each end. It was wrap around a very strong branch that was embedded in the earth, on each end! So to take it off you would have to open the snap closure, then pull the cable back through the loop which was around the branch, or brake the branch! They broke off the branch! $10.00 item is all they run on sale. I guess that's to much for some to spend? Oh well, lesson learned. Have a safe summer everyone.[/quote

YOU ROCK GRAMPS!!!

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably not appropriate here but I recently was told of a farmer north of Robinson (now deceased) who evidently had someone trapping minnows on his slough without permission. These were commercial sized traps mind you. The farmer evidently reported this situation to the NDGF and they checked things out. Neither did the guy have a commercial bait license nor were his traps tagged with contact information so the NDGF pulled them and gave them to the farmer. His son is still in possession of them!

Eyelife

I use the small round 10 buck Frabil trap. Then I tie a 25’ decoy line to it.
I put dry dog food into a sandwich baggie, poke holes in it with a fork, throw it in the trap.
I do a windmill type of toss into the slough, tent stake, tie the rope to a rock, or fence post on shore.
Nobody will see the decoy line or the trap, and it’ll be loaded.
Two days of trapping and I have weeks of worth.
Not sure if everyone knows this, but your allowed to posses 144 per person.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
sig, I see you are across the river in Mandan.

If you ever need a place to throw a trap east of the Missouri for your daughter, I have just the place for her.

- - - Updated - - -

The beauty of bread as bait is that it catches minnows just fine, and there will be no bread to speak of in the morning.

The beauty of dry dog food is that it lasts for days in the trap, the downside is that it lasts for days in the trap and kind of annoys me when it's in my minnow bucket.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
are minnows hard to come by these days?
I go to the market, and for 3 bucks they load me up.
Its like trying to put a cab on your Polaris ranger after market style to save 38 bucks.

My wife can make a mean sammich, but I guess I should mill my own flower and milk a cow for that creamy butter...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76