Spring Break-plan B

Lando

Established Member
I was hoping to spend a week around Keystone earlier this winter, but that last cold blast changed any plans of that. I have a buddy that lives down in New Mexico that told me about Navajo Dam. I have fished that area years before for trout. The San Juan river is the tailwater to Navajo, but I have trout at home. I wanted pike.

The haul was just shy of 1k miles. I was able to stop along the way and visit with family, enjoy my brother's 40th birthday, and find some open water with warm(er) weather.

I learned a lot about pike fishing this lake. In the past, I have fished lakes with a good population of weeds and such, so finding pike was pretty easy. This lake had none. Water temps started at 41, and moved up to 48 by the week's end. Flats that would hold fish were hard to find with the low water, but some fish were touched. Fishing super slow was the ticket, and I got a good bit of bites when the line was paused.....having to watch the line for the slightest movement was key to finding nibbles. In hind sight, I should have spent a bit of time looking for smallies, but hind sight is 20/20.

170245248_235898501553598_3274087352818277127_n.jpg

First pike of 2021.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have relatives in New Mexico. They fish Navajo often, looks like a blast! Nice NM pike!

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Makes me wonder how many people have discussed Plan B on Spring Break?

I really thought this was going to be a cut-paste chain email about rampant plan b usage during spring break

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Never in a million years did I think this thread would be about fishing. I see I’m not alone.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Makes me wonder how many people have discussed Plan B on Spring Break?

This is what I thought the thread was going to be about. I thought maybe one of you old farts on here had some fun with a college girl and was looking for an escape plan.

Lando

Established Member
I am an old(er) fart that spent the week with a 34 year-old......if that counts?

However, it has been years since I've needed Plan B. Shit, that wasn't around back when I would have needed it. I am sure my 1st born son is happy about that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74