Sakakawea is open. Time to get away from the crowded river.

Honored Member
Finally the big lake is open. Time to get away from the crowds on the river. Bet the new state record will be pulled from there.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finally the big lake is open. Time to get away from the crowds on the river. Bet the new state record will be pulled from there.
People been fishing the big lake for over a week now. Another 5 degree rise in water temp and it will shut off until after spawn. It’s been a fun week.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
People been fishing the big lake for over a week now. Another 5 degree rise in water temp and it will shut off until after spawn. It’s been a fun week.

Skeeter...any issues with access/low water? What shape are the ramps in? Hopefully most ramps will get all the silt pushed back when the docks go in.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some are cleaned and docks in, some are not. Haven’t had any low water issues.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I couldn't believe the crowds on the lake already, last Saturday there were boats in the overflow parking like it was june, from a picture i seen.

WalleyeGuy80

Skeeter...any issues with access/low water? What shape are the ramps in? Hopefully most ramps will get all the silt pushed back when the docks go in.

One place I know for a fact you won't get a boat in until we get a few feet of water is Pouch Point. That place was dry two weeks ago when I was down and looked. They brought a couple small excavators in and tried to clean it out but made it worse in my opinion. They just pulled the silt up on to the bank above the bay coming in 4ft high. As soon as the water does come up and you get wave action its going to all sluff back in a plug it off worse.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bite is awful from everything I heard... Oahe is hot and heavy right now.....

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard Skunk bay you need to put on your trunks and push the boat out as the water level is buggered up right now

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
What a shit show on Sak today. Doesn’t anyone work any more. It looked like a July weekend.

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Oh the love of the story’s and the lies! Rotflmao🤣🤣🤣might as well make a report... caught 8 kept four between, 15 and 20 inches released 4 between 27 and 30 inches. Eating good tonight!!
Oh yea how is all the boat traffic down by Hazelton?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75