Frozen Four

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ended up 4-2 They outworked them worse than that but played against a heck of a goalie with a golden glove .

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the update Davey. I passed it on to my friends.

ps: We plan to be back to Minot 5/1 and to Metigoshe when Paul can get the water on in the cabin.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
are the tickets priced the same?

Never been to a Bison FB game and never will go so don't know what their ticket prices are. Have these stubs from UND hockey games. Most of our hockey tickets are gifted thru the Alumni Association. Here are 4 stubs.

IMG_2814.jpg

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who are they playing?

East Texas Baptist University! A hotbed of hockey if I have ever heard of one. I looked it up.

Thanks for the update Davey.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
East Texas Baptists university. 4 year college , I think Bottineau might be the only JR collage (2 year school) in the tournament.

- - - Updated - - -

7-2 win

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm impressed with Hockeytv. More hockey than I can shake a stick at and all the way from mite and Pee-Wee tournaments on up to semi pro. teams both on live and replay. I watched Jamestown, Bottineau , Williston, Bismarck, Minot, and so many more in the last two days both men's and women's. I don't care who is playing as long as it's a good game.

- - - Updated - - -

Also watched the Fargo Force series against waterloo. They and that league have aged like fine wine.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see the Jacks lost tonight 4-1. Did their play reflect the score?

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see the Jacks did not make the ACHA Division 2 Frozen Four.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021

Lumberjack Hockey went 2-1 at the ACHA Nationals in Bismarck, ND. In the first game of Pool B play DCB faced off against Adrian College (MI) and won 4-2. Matt Trulsen got the win with 31 saves and Tanner Clyne scored the game winner in the second period. Clyne was named Player of the Game. The second game of the tournament the Jacks defeated East Texas Baptist University 7-2. Sergei Golin picked up the win with 26 saves and Joben Smithlead the way with a couple of goals and was named Player of the Game. In the finale with the Lumberjacks needing a win to move on to the Frozen Four Bottineau faced Lindenwood Lions (MO). In a game where the Lions scored a power play goal in the first period and the Jacks unable to connect on 6 power plays in the game, the Jacks fell 4-1 and the the #2 ranked Lions moved on to the Final Four. Matt Trulsen had 22 saves in the loss and Ryan Paterson scored the only goal for the Lumberjacks. Goalie Trever Osborne from Lindenwood was player of the game. The Lumberjacks finish with a 17-12-1 season. All of the losses on the year were to teams in the ACHA Division 2 National Tournament or to ACHA Division 1 teams.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope, They needed to win all 3 to advance. They put on a good show and that is a good thing for recruitment sake, they all have 2 or 3 years of eligibility left. Most end up going to Minot but this gives them more opportunities.

They are a Jr college college without a league to play in so they play against 4 year colleges and qualify based on their record or something like that. I actually have never looked into the details . That happened a few years ago when budget cuts forced the MN Jr colleges to drop their hockey programs. If they ever win another National title it will be a David and Goliath event.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, there is a big difference between a freshman college hockey player and a senior college hockey player.

The NCAA requires college athletes in MOST sports to use their 4 years of eligibility within 5 years of HS graduation. Hockey is one of the exceptions. College hockey players have until age 25 to use their four years of eligibility. If you look at a college hockey roster you probably will only see 1 or 2 players coming straight from HS to college hockey. Most spend a year or two in Jr. Leagues. That is why there are college hockey players that go straight from college hockey to the NHL. UND probably only gets about half of their players that use all 4 years of eligibility. Rookie NHL signing bonus and pay is right at $1M. Hard to pass up but several of this years did just that. They got the postseason taken away from them last year and they ALL decided to stay one more year and make a run at the National Championship. I really respect and appreciate their effort and school spirit for that.

Last edited:

Honkerslayr

The hawks seem to have a legitimate shot to make it to the frozen four this year, something finally to be excited for.
Last weekends abortion project of a series really made us look bad. Hopefully we can climb back on the horse again tonight and get another shutout or blowout.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
.cc has beat us in both seris and was playing for keeps again last week. Would be nice to go out with a sweep or a split to end the regular season. I do miss UND hockey, one of the perks of the last company I worked for in GF was season tickets.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last weekends abortion project of a series really made us look bad. Hopefully we can climb back on the horse again tonight and get another shutout or blowout.
A sweep next weekend will make me feel better about the playoffs. Duluth was hotter garbage than the U of Manitoba. This team has the most talent since 2016 but they have struggled defensively so hopefully they get that figured out

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It was close for a few minutes but a win. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86