Tkr x 2

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Okay so I am bored. 8 weeks ago I had total knee replacement on my right knee. 3 weeks ago the left knee. Both have been a success. Have a great PT person and I am very happy with all aspects of this procedure. Only took heavy pain meds for about 5 or 6 days after each surgery.

At 74 I probably waited a few years too long and should of done it earlier.

So if you need it don't wait its a good deal. Last year I had trouble getting in and out of the boat.
My and my therapists goal is to be able to "jump" (her word") easily in and out of the boat.

I will answer any questions here or by PM. So far call me Happy, Happy!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ata boy glad something good is happening for us old duffers. LB

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I managed to get both my knees replaced in my early sixties after years of pain. The improvement in the quality of my life was immeasurable. I wish I could have had it done much sooner but the technology was not there yet. Not all knee replacements go as well as mine did but techniques have been continually improving and even in the three years between my first and second replacements things changed tremendously. I was immobile for four days the first surgery but I was on my feet walking the same day as the second surgery and went home the second day. Get it done if you need it.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good luck with the recovery Zog - my wife had a total knee replacement last July...she was back in the boat with me 4 weeks later!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77