Poachers caught

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was full-blown retarded until about age 24. And if you’re offended by my use of the phrase “retarded,” you should have met me in my 20s.
What are you about 25 now?

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone makes mistakes in life. I think first offense should be a pretty stiff penalty. Not over the top but noteworthy. Future offenses obviously much harsher fines, penalties etc. However, If caught once I think they should be required to go to some type of counseling or training that deals with wildlife. I don't know exactly what but something that teaches them the hurt it puts on others when these crimes are committed. The value of animals etc. I think they need to be educated about the overall damage they have done. So hopefully they have the vision to realize that their crimes affect so many other things, not just themselves and what the future for them may be if caught.

That would be awesome! But I would have to imagine that "course" would take quite the investment in someone's time. And I'm not exactly sure who would take on that cost, etc.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like that idea . Could be a book to read and a video and then a written test at the local LE office that they have to keep taking until they pass before they can apply for hunting and fishing licenses.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone makes mistakes in life. I think first offense should be a pretty stiff penalty. Not over the top but noteworthy. Future offenses obviously much harsher fines, penalties etc. However, If caught once I think they should be required to go to some type of counseling or training that deals with wildlife. I don't know exactly what but something that teaches them the hurt it puts on others when these crimes are committed. The value of animals etc. I think they need to be educated about the overall damage they have done. So hopefully they have the vision to realize that their crimes affect so many other things, not just themselves and what the future for them may be if caught.

I like the idea, but I sure wouldn't want to be the instructor for that class. Trying to get a bunch of @sshole punk kids to care about the environment...?

It might do them better to go stick them on top of a mountain somewhere, and tell them they'll be picked up in a month, if they're still alive.

I know, I know... sounds like heaven to some of us.

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
In a gross case like this where it is multiple animals, felonies sounds about right. This isn't shooting a deer without a tag to feed your family. This was wanton waste and for that the punishment has to fit the crime.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74