Bologna

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will never forget when my buddy had to take a dookie on the boat (loves placing himself between the main motor and kicker) only to realize the cubby had no more tp or paper towels.. Well the mice deterrent dryer sheets had to suffice and he spent the next half hour icing down the ol poop shoot with a big block of ice from the cooler, one of those stories that ages like a fine wine for sure.

It may age but surely not like FINE wine!!!

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d rather lick the bottom of my boot than eat bologna. I gag just thinking about bologna.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No reason to eat bologna when I make the finest deer/antelope summer sausage in the universe. I do mash the sammiches and find banana peppers are the ticket for providing that satisfying crunch. Woebers horseradish sauce in the cats meow.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
No pic from me. The asshats I have been fishing with continue to piss off the bologna gods with that C-store filth.
Old Mil in one hand, Pugsley sandwich in the other, listening to Tony Dean. The good ole' days.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s either pow wow station or the CD player where I fish at, one summer every outing the boy and I forgot the iPod, and a different cd, so Johnny Cash best hits caught us a pile of eyes, next season remembered to switch out the cd with a rob zombie one, struggled half the summer to catch a limit.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
No reason to eat bologna when I make the finest deer/antelope summer sausage in the universe. I do mash the sammiches and find banana peppers are the ticket for providing that satisfying crunch. Woebers horseradish sauce in the cats meow.
Banana peppers and horseradish, the 2 main topping keys to my sammich heart..well done sir! (The horsey sauce has to be of the hot kind and not creamy I must say..)

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find fresh underwear, and ice cold Busch lights work the best, of course at the end of the fishing day, a fresh set of undies is needed again...

Fresh underwear is awfully tempting to the Sphincter-Gods - you ask me.. .

- - - Updated - - -

aaaand up comes the sandwich

I think he means like taping an old peanut butter jar between his legs. It's genius - really. When you think about it..

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Perfect Bologna Sammich

2 slices white bread
2 slices Oscar Meyer bologna (thick cut preferred)
Handful crushed potato chips
Ketchup

Carefully lay out the bread parallel to each other. Top each with one slice of bologna. On the right bread/bologna duo, place potato chips so they are near the crust, but not quite. Squirt a healthy amount of ketchup on the chips. In one, graceful motion, put the left bread/bologna duo onto the right bread/bologna/chips/ketchup conglomerate. Give your sandwich a gentle smash, and put in a Zip-Lock sandwich bag. Eat within a few hours so ketchup does not make chips too soggy.

Note: If you do not follow these guidelines and instead put ketchup next to bread, you'll wind up with a mooshy mess fit only for people from Wisconsin or in-laws.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will add all kinds of things to a sandwich at my house. I keep it super simple for the boat unless I want to pack a whole bunch of stuff to build the sandwich right before I eat it. Adding a bunch of goodies only leads to complete soginess or eating my lunch 10 minutes after I get out.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Meatloaf on plain old white bread with "meatloaf sauce"(ketchup, brown sugar, & Worcestershire sauce), homemade HOT pickles and a tiny bit of plain old Frenches yellow mustard.

If you're at home butter the bread and toast it.

Magical.....

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For me, its always been Tangy summer sausage on buttered bread. Maybe some fixings on it, maybe just plain. That has been the go to since I was a kid when we ate them in the decoys or in the boat. Always Tangy!

Fish On!

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tossing on a little grape jelly with the bologna helps make the lips and ass....a divine intervention.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tangy SS on white bread, sharp cheddar cheese with a dribble of grape jelly and some chips layered in. Needs to be made in boat or the jelly makes it soggy. Had many a grape and peanut butter sammy in the old hay fields where the jelly bled though the homemade bread. At noon or afternoon lunch they still tasted good or you were just that hungery. LB

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Processed meat is not something I prefer to eat. Peanut butter, butter and jelly on whole grain bread works for me. Venison jerky and Snickers is much healthier. Plus Pringles.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56