Bologna

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The Perfect Bologna Sammich

2 slices white bread
2 slices Oscar Meyer bologna (thick cut preferred)
Handful crushed potato chips
Ketchup

Carefully lay out the bread parallel to each other. Top each with one slice of bologna. On the right bread/bologna duo, place potato chips so they are near the crust, but not quite. Squirt a healthy amount of ketchup on the chips. In one, graceful motion, put the left bread/bologna duo onto the right bread/bologna/chips/ketchup conglomerate. Give your sandwich a gentle smash, and put in a Zip-Lock sandwich bag. Eat within a few hours so ketchup does not make chips too soggy.

Note: If you do not follow these guidelines and instead put ketchup next to bread, you'll wind up with a mooshy mess fit only for people from Wisconsin or in-laws.

That sounds like something fed to pow's or something.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Country song about being in jail and the cops wife bringing bologna sammys. Cant remember, to far back in the brain. HELP//////////

Bob

Bon Homme County Jail, back in the late 70's, meal made by Sherriff's wife was vegetable soup, hard boiled egg and braunschweiger sandwich!! That was for a three meals by the way. It came for breakfast, what you didn't eat you got to finish it for lunch and then supper! So I was told!! Ha Ha Ha

- - - Updated - - -

Bon Homme County Jail, back in the late 70's, meal made by Sherriff's wife was vegetable soup, hard boiled egg and braunschweiger sandwich!! That was for all three meals by the way. It came for breakfast, what you didn't eat you got to finish it for lunch and then supper! So I was told!! Ha Ha Ha

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nothing wrong with a over night crock pot roast beef, I just bring the roast with and have with homemade buns, so tender you don't need a knife to cut

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Braunschweiger, coarse brown mustard, thin sliced sweet onion, sharp white cheddar on rye.

Lebanon Bologna is pretty good too, and summer sausage

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
cache.php

When I was a kid we had this once a week. Mom would cook it 2 ways. 1.In a pot with sauerkraut 2.Boil it, then cut it either in chunks or sliced in circles then fried in a pan. ;:;barf

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't remember eating a bologna sandwich without a slice of cheese on it.

Me too, although since we've been to the moon, I've found the modern ways to be great. It's been some time since I've commenced gnawing on a bologna sandwich without the cheeseloaf version. those little dots of cheese ensnared in the oily bologna, are truly something to behold.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love bologna. If you want to try some damn good locker plant bologna check out the selection at Barton Meats in Carrington. They make the big chubs perfect for sandwiches, not ring style....White bread, iceburg lettuce, American cheese, pickle, little yellow mustard and Miracle Whip.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you don't like bologna you were probably dropped on your tongue as an infant.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75