NDGNF Survey

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got this email today. A scientific study to base CWD decisions based off of hunters opinions. My wife tells me a scientific study can be based off of opinions, just seems hard for me to grasp. Hope fully others have gotten it or you can access it threw the link. This uneducated guy struggled with much of the wording.

Dear North Dakota Deer Hunter,
The North Dakota Game and Fish Department is conducting a survey of deer hunters regarding Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in deer across the state of North Dakota. You were randomly selected from all adult deer license holders to participate in a study of deer hunters’ attitudes and preferences for CWD management.
Information obtained from this scientific study will inform decisions for future CWD management in North Dakota.
Please take the survey at address below.
Input from hunters like you are important for North Dakota Game and Fish Department deer managers in their decisions on CWD management. Your input is vital. Your participation in this study is strictly voluntary, but is greatly appreciated. There are no benefits or risks associated with participating. All responses are strictly confidential, and will only be reported in the aggregate.
If you have questions about this study, please contact the NDGFD wildlife division office administrator at 701-328-6351.
Thank you. Your participation is appreciated.

Follow this link to the Survey:
Take the Survey

http://colostate.az1.qualtrics.com/...VVkvkzcxudXE_MLRP_el1L0PxZJpLOq2y&Q_CHL=email

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
they’re hoping they can use it for cover when they announce the statewide ban

if it doesn’t go their way they’ll bury the questionnaire

- - - Updated - - -

and you’re right - it’s political - not science

you could say it’s scientific if they instituted controls and then produced results as a scientific study of opinions

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is Bill Nye the science guy when you need him?

Honored Member
There were alot of opinionated questions in that survey along with steps that the game and fish have taken already will little science to back up the moves.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If someone can manage it please post the questions. I tried the link and wasn't successful.

You have either already completed the survey or your session has expired.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
2021 Spring Advisory Board Meetings

The 2021 spring meetings will be held in person. The Bismarck meeting on April 26 will also be livestreamed (the link to the livestream will be available on this page during the meeting).
DateTimeCityLocationHostContact PersonBoard Member
District 1Monday, April 267 p.m. MTGrassy ButteGrassy Butte Community Center (Museum Ave to Main St)North Dakota Houndsmen AssociationBeau WisnessBeau Wisness
District 2Monday, April 197 p.m. CTBertholdBerthold Sportsmen Club (214 Main St)Berthold Sportsmen ClubCharlie Monson (701-226-6546)Travis Leier
District 3Tuesday, April 277 p.m. CTDevils LakeDevils Lake Elks #1216 (425 Hwy 2 W)Lake Region AnglersEdward DoschEdward Dosch
District 4Tuesday, April 277 p.m. CTPekinPekin Rod and Gun Club (2950 Hwy 1)Pekin Rod and Gun ClubDavid Morten (701-296-4484)Bruce Ellertson
District 5Monday, April 197 p.m. CTHankinsonHankinson American Legion (south side Lake Elsie)The Richland Wildlife ClubWayne Beyer (701-642-2811)Duane Hanson
District 6Tuesday, April 207 p.m. CTKulmKulm City Hall (off of 1st Ave SW and 1st St SW)Kulm Rod and Gun ClubDustin Mahin (701-830-9919)Cody Sand
District 7Monday, April 267 p.m. CTBismarckGame and Fish Auditorium (100 N Bismarck Expressway)ND Wildlife FederationJohn Bradley (701-390-7196)Dave Nehring
District 8Tuesday, April 207 p.m. MTRhameVan Jones American Legion PostBrooks RanchRob Brooks (701-279-5896)Rob Brooks

- - - Updated - - -

Agenda

2021 SPRING DISTRICT ADVISORY MEETINGS A G E N D A
7:00 Introductions and Opening Comments
7:10 Audience Participation:
• Comments and Input on Fall Hunting Issues
• Comments and Input on Local Fishing Issues
8:10 Department Information and Proposals:
• Legislative Update
• Bobcat season update
• R3 update
• Big Game Transport Regulations
9:00 Adjourn Formal Meeting:
• Department staff will be available for individualdiscussions on specific topics after formal portion ofmeeting.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did you receive this on April 1. I'm suspicious of the site address. COLOSTATE first indicates to me that someone copied this from a Colorado questionnaire. I did click on the address and I received the message that my time had expired or that I had already filled out the form. hmmmm.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya I was going to say, by posting the link you may have just thrown their "randomly selected" out the window! Ha!

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I received and took the survey. It is going to be an all out war on banning baiting.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did the survey before I posted, so it may have been a one time use. Some of the questions referred to ND game and fish so definatly not a out of state deal.

- - - Updated - - -

It did come from a guy at Colorado state thow.

Jerry Vaske • noreply@surveys.colostate.edu

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jerry Vaske is a stats guy from CSU. Human dimensions in natural resource management type stuff.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
i would venture to guess they will have to bury the results or lie about them. i get to meet a fair few people in my occupation and exactly 100% of them bait to a certain extend. if the results show anything else its a lie and i would be concerned whats next.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
What political gain does the game and fish have for banning baiting?

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Baiting is a personal preference, the game and fish will do what they want no matter what.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The book learners with all their resources are looking to me for my scientific advice.

I am sure they will take my expert advice (common sense) and treat it as such.

As for me, they do not have an answer but need to tell the world they are doing something. Sometimes the cure is worth than the disease (like killing all to stop the spread and then telling me it lives in the soil, been try).

I call them in 1995 about this and they told me i was a joke and had a good laugh with my opinion. db

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jerry Vaske is a stats guy from CSU. Human dimensions in natural resource management type stuff.

Human dimensions is the study of human behavior. The ethics dimension will teach baiters to recognize the right actions and to seek the generation of the greatest good.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
What political gain does the game and fish have for banning baiting?

to justify the cost of all "their studies" and the likely millions of taxpayer dollar that fund them........even though they know no more now than they did 20 years ago

again im not against laws that make sense but when a law is made you have to ask yourself will this stop/justify the cause. in the case of gun control no it wont chage a thing. in the case of baiting no it will not change a thing. they will congregate, they will continue to breed and lick each other, so banning baiting will only lead to less recruitment of young hunters period.

Last edited:

Honored Member
One of the questions asked if I had received the Covid vaccine. What does that have to do with a survey on CWD?

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can't help but think this shit all sounds just like the No Trespass laws and all the other bullshit the liberals are ramming down our throats in the federal government. Maybe I'm the only one, but it smells of government doing whatever the fuck they want and making it up as they go, just to fit their narrative. I did see that the advisory meetings are limited to the amount of people they let in because of China virus. the rest can tune in elsewhere. Nice. Seams pretty convenient to me. PS. I have been a G&F supporter but the more I see, the more I am a doubter.

Fish On!

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
more to chew on... think of the national news, defunding police, riots, protests, attacks on guns, LBGT, churches, the #1 song in America is titled WAP but Blake Sheldon gets a hard time for naming a song "minimum wage", masks, vaccines, we are literally under attack....and our GF and sitting here worried if a piece of fucking corn should be used to harvest a deer or not....... you cant make this shit up anymore.
keep the corn flowing boys cuz i know i will.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76