Conservative Tax Preparer

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I believe going to a good accountant or CPA will pay dividends if you are ever audited by the IRS. They know your business and financials and tax records and will help you with the paperwork and other things needed to satisfy the government. I think these CPA's and accountants stay up to date on changes and laws because they do it solely for their living. Some of these tax preparers only take care of business during the tax season and are off doing other things after the season is over. My confidence that they will be around for advise and help with an audit is not very high. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't want a part timer doing my financials and representing me with the IRS. I liken it to hiring a fishing guide. One guide fishes everyday on the part of the lake that you want to go to. The other guide just knows about that part and has been there a few times but talks to people that fish there. First guy charges a bit more. I know what guide I'm going with.

Fish On!

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have a good one for small businesses in Grand Forks or surrounding area? Mine decided that I owe a substantial amount of money this year after getting refunded last year. Not much changed between the two years and she doesn't really want to help explain anything to me. So now I'm in search mode for a new one moving forward.

Tim Lord must be a really good CPA to warrant a trip to Grand Forks from Bismarck.

Thanks smartass.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76