Conservative Tax Preparer

Bob

So, tax season is upon us again. Got all my stuff ready and called my preparer only to have a discussion with staffer on the phone about politics which I didn't push but I like to find a more conservative preparer at this time. I don't need to hear the left sided agenda and Trump bashing. Any suggestions out there?

Bob

Oh, I guess where I'm at would help! I live in Bismarck, ND.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I had a contact for Minot and another area farther from Bismarck.

Fish On!

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm looking for one in Bismarck too. I want a tax accountant who isn't afraid to go to prison.

b2down

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try Andrea at Liberty Tax in Mandan. Her dad was a police officer and she rides a Harley. She's as conservative as you'll find. She's done my taxes for years and I've been very happy with her.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have a good one for small businesses in Grand Forks or surrounding area? Mine decided that I owe a substantial amount of money this year after getting refunded last year. Not much changed between the two years and she doesn't really want to help explain anything to me. So now I'm in search mode for a new one moving forward.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
AND since May 15 is a Saturday, you have until May 17th! So you can procrastinate another few weeks!

Bob

Try Andrea at Liberty Tax in Mandan. Her dad was a police officer and she rides a Harley. She's as conservative as you'll find. She's done my taxes for years and I've been very happy with her.

Thanks, I'll give them call!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had to pay in again this year, significantly. Somehow being we didn't get any of those "Stimulus checks", it raised our responsibility to the federal governments needs for my fair share.

I need to find a way to "Farm" my income into showing I actually earn nothing.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My income was below the threshold these last three years. Got a partial payment from the first and that has been it.

So Johnr, i to had to pay in a significant amount at tax time for the last number of years. But i found a way to beat the system.

Quit working. Live off SS.
My taxable income went from lower 6 number to $11,000 after pulling out $20,000 in IRA funds with $1,100 in federal tax that with the stimulus funds added back in meant a $800 refund that i have not seen. Been 8 weeks since i filed Call IRS but the computer hangs up on me.
For me, my tax man had been myself since 1969. I will say, me and IRS have not agree some of the time and most of the time these last years but i have not loss, not even once. They just simply quit sending letters to me.

And retirement is more and greater than what i thought or was told it to be.
So i will wait for our tax refund and the $2,800 due me and the wife from the current stimulus. Wife says we will never see it. She may be right but taxable income of $11,000 and old may open some doors. db

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
I have an accountant at haga krommer I like in Bismarck. Pm me if want name

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to Ritter & Adair, ask for Laura, she's the best I've ever come across. She calls throughout the year and asks questions and damn sure lets you know what shape you're in well in advance before 31 Dec, couldn't be happier with them and very reasonable.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to Ritter & Adair, ask for Laura, she's the best I've ever come across. She calls throughout the year and asks questions and damn sure lets you know what shape you're in well in advance before 31 Dec, couldn't be happier with them and very reasonable.

We use Laura as well. Great to work with and she is always willing to answer questions, etc.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When some Liberal bash's Trump, just bash old Sleepy Joe and the Hoe, they don't like it

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm looking for one in Bismarck too. I want a tax accountant who isn't afraid to go to prison.

I like where your head is at but I'm afraid its not the tax accountant that goes to prison. I could be wrong and im sure someone will correct me if I am but I always thought that regardless of whatever incantations or potions the tax guy used to produce your return that when you sign your name to it you are saying everything in it is true and that you agree to it.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^^^^ Pretty sure that is correct. The accountant only signed that it is correct from the information provided. Have no problems with the accountant I use but he is very clear that he will not file a return that he knows is untrue. The bad side for me is that virtually all my income is salary type and once the house loans etc. are paid off, kids are out of the house and on their own, most of my deductions dried up so pretty hard to fudge much. Did have some farm expenses as I was a 4-H farmer, still am, but I never saw much sense in buying something for a deduction unless I could make money off that purchase. When you're a small time farmer, owned land and rented it out, expenses don't account for much at the end. Had a guy tell me once, "Don't complain about paying income tax, at least you're making money." that's true but do they have to take so much?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76