Sports for kids.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Until recently I had no clue what ninja was all about but I've always thought that any and all sports are important for kids . Some of our grandkids are in ninja and we finally got a chance to watch them and boy does that help them develop hand eye coordination , speed, strength and confidence that carries over to other sports.

To start with it's basically open gym where they play around but it challenges them in a way that I've never seen in any other sport by watching the older kids do something that they want to be able to do. They will work for hours until they get it, It's all they want to do.

Probably one of the best individual sports I have watched. Worth a google if you have kids that might benefit from it. There is open gym and local competition if they want to as well as regional and the tv show.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing wrong with soccer, volley ball, trap, krav maga, TKD, or cross country.

Kids often choose shit we know little about. It's been one of my greatest learning experiences.

There is certainly a part of me that welcomes my kids not choosing boxing, bull riding, and football.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's fun to watch kids compete and set goals. This looks like a lot of fun.

Ninja is new around here and not many videos and not many know about it. I found a video from the Fargo chamber about one of the gyms that recently opened there.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
it challenges them in a way that I've never seen in any other sport by watching the older kids do something that they want to be able to do. They will work for hours until they get it, It's all they want to do.

That's just how I feel about improving my skills with a grill/BBQ after Rib-Fest.

I aspire to "Grill Ninja" status.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you know what the difference is between Jack Daniels and Custer?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try youth wrestling, it's a blast!

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try youth wrestling, it's a blast!
I like wrestling, but it is pretty tough on the body. I know plenty of guys with screwed up knees, shoulders, hips and such. I’m sure there are people that wrestle and never have long lasting effects, but plenty do.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm with Rowdie. Used to hate wrestling, but then my kids got into it. Figured they'd be one year and done, but they stuck with it. Pretty soon I was helping coach, and it was 10 years before I got away. Kid has to be tough to stick with wrestling...take a lot of beatings along the way, with no one to share the blame with but yourself.

That said, still not a big fan of college wrestling. I would much rather watch the little squirts up through high school.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Little kids just LOVE it. I'll admit that it's hard on the body, especially in college. But if you just want a sport for Little kids, give wrestling a chance. Like I said kids love to roughhouse and elementary wrestling is fun and teaches life long lessons.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55