Lithium Batteries

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone in Bismarck carry Dakota lithium/amped outdoors 12v batteries? Looking for a quicker option than waiting on the mail.

Founding Member
Founding Member
After witnessing them fail twice in a month and the company being almost impossible to get in contact with I'd look for a different company.
Like my buddy with his dead Dakotas said as he was replacing them in the Walmart parking lot in Bismarck with Everlast "that instantly took charges from the powerpole charger unlike the Dakotas".
$350 vs $3000..who's the dumby?
I joked and said at least you'll get a $12 core charge per battery!:;:muahaha
20210421_074317.jpg

And yes this was after trying to jump them separately back to life to wake them up.
The smart batteries wouldn't communicate with the smart charger I guess.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
DirtyMike,

Dakota Tackle has the smaller size Dakota lithiums, but don't remember seeing the big ones.

I would bet this is a charging issue with your buddy's setup. The specs on that charger are not consistent with the one Dakota lithium supplies. One can not simply swap lithium ion phosphate batteries for lead acid; they are not interchangeable.

https://power-pole.com/manuals/download/manual/id/180/

Founding Member
Founding Member
Powerpole folks were extremely helpful!
It wasn't thier charger it was 100% the dakota lithium batteries throwing codes. I had no idea power pole made chargers..and $1400 ones at that uffda.
All I know is I was glad I wasn't 24 hours from home with battery issues like they had out west.
I ran the boat and it would have been a hell of allot easier controlling it with the ultrex working thats for sure.
Dakota sounds like a really sketchy outfit. I know a couple places that carry them and they all say you can never get ahold of them and also never know when your going to get thier batteries.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh I’m not swapping the boat batteries out. I’d need to either keep the kids out of daycare or get my wife to start painting baits as well. I’m just going to run an ice fishing-sized battery to power the new transducer.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an extra Amped Outdoors you can use for a bit until you can get your hands on one. We don't live very close though.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m waiting for the amped outdoors 19ah to come back in stock it has a higher voltage 12-16.8 or something similar so it works better with the live scope and active target which I think are both rated at 10.8-30vdc.

- - - Updated - - -

Also nobody had any lithium over 12ah when I looked in bis-man a couple weeks ago. Runnings had a 9ah norsk, I just spliced a cigarette 12v on mine for temp use moving between boats.

TakItEz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try Atlov lithium. I used one this winter in the Vexilar and it worked great. Local guy in Grand Forks.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh I’m not swapping the boat batteries out. I’d need to either keep the kids out of daycare or get my wife to start painting baits as well. I’m just going to run an ice fishing-sized battery to power the new transducer.

I know your wife AND kids, and you sir, are doing neither of those things.

LOL - I just beeped my horn at Nat yesterday, and she eyeballed me like I was a panel-van-driving kidnapper.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Amazing the lengths we go to in order to catch the walleye isn't it?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m waiting for the amped outdoors 19ah to come back in stock it has a higher voltage 12-16.8 or something similar so it works better with the live scope and active target which I think are both rated at 10.8-30vdc.

- - - Updated - - -

Also nobody had any lithium over 12ah when I looked in bis-man a couple weeks ago. Runnings had a 9ah norsk, I just spliced a cigarette 12v on mine for temp use moving between boats.

The 32AH one is the most compact bang for your buck. It is the same size as the 18AH and charges to 16.6 Volts.

- - - Updated - - -

93SV and Livescope - 19AH for 12+ hours of operation. 30Ah for 18+ hours. 32Ah for 20+ hours.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know your wife AND kids, and you sir, are doing neither of those things.

LOL - I just beeped my horn at Nat yesterday, and she eyeballed me like I was a panel-van-driving kidnapper.

She has been eyeballing me too...

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Does anyone else miss the days when we used to just hook up the 14' boat with a 9.8hp motor, grab your Zebco 202, and a small tackle box with maybe 15 hooks and go fishing?

Oh hell, most of you have never heard of anything I just mentioned.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Does anyone else miss the days when we used to just hook up the 14' boat with a 9.8hp motor, grab your Zebco 202, and a small tackle box with maybe 15 hooks and go fishing?

Oh hell, most of you have never heard of anything I just mentioned.

You know, I didn't miss those days until I recently tried it. Just like many on this board and guys you see at the lake, I continually yearned for the biggest baddest machine on the water and over the past 15 years kept upgrading, and upgrading, and upgrading until finally getting into my dream 219 Yar-craft. Of course, I'm supper picky, don't want to tow it down the gravel, I wipe it off every time out of the water, It's stored in doors or has the tarp buckled down when it's outside, and I'm eternally trying to keep it pristine which I've done a pretty damn good job at. HOWEVER...............................my son wanted his own boat in the worst way, so last fall we picked up a 86' Lund predator 16' tiller with a 60 Merc and I haven't fished out of the Yar-Craft since, lol! It's been quite refreshing to have more ability and willingness to go to any lake, be it bad roads, bad ramps, etc. and not worry about the boat, or getting it dirty, or a rock chip, or launching it off some gravel ramp that I have to drive back so far in the front tires of the truck are 20 ft from shore! It does have an i-pilot front TM, a rear tiller TM, with wave whackers, a Lowrance Elite 7 and marine band radio so it's not like I'm completely roughing it, lol. In any regard, it sure has been fun getting out on lakes I haven't fished in years with my son and teaching him the way in how to operate and run his own boat.

With all that said, the Yar is still pretty great on the big water!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know, I didn't miss those days until I recently tried it. Just like many on this board and guys you see at the lake, I continually yearned for the biggest baddest machine on the water and over the past 15 years kept upgrading, and upgrading, and upgrading until finally getting into my dream 219 Yar-craft. Of course, I'm supper picky, don't want to tow it down the gravel, I wipe it off every time out of the water, It's stored in doors or has the tarp buckled down when it's outside, and I'm eternally trying to keep it pristine which I've done a pretty damn good job at. HOWEVER...............................my son wanted his own boat in the worst way, so last fall we picked up a 86' Lund predator 16' tiller with a 60 Merc and I haven't fished out of the Yar-Craft since, lol! It's been quite refreshing to have more ability and willingness to go to any lake, be it bad roads, bad ramps, etc. and not worry about the boat, or getting it dirty, or a rock chip, or launching it off some gravel ramp that I have to drive back so far in the front tires of the truck are 20 ft from shore! It does have an i-pilot front TM, a rear tiller TM, with wave whackers, a Lowrance Elite 7 and marine band radio so it's not like I'm completely roughing it, lol. In any regard, it sure has been fun getting out on lakes I haven't fished in years with my son and teaching him the way in how to operate and run his own boat.

With all that said, the Yar is still pretty great on the big water!

That's why a man needs at least 2 if not 3 boats.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76