Dating Season

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My resident rooster is going to run himself ragged. Gives me great entertainment every morning when the wind isnt blowing 90 mph. He has 3 hens with him now and he tries to keep them all close. He is so worried one is going to stray off. I think roosters are the most colorful this time of year and his horn tuffs are the most visable. Wish him luck with many offspring for next fall. LB

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
fun to watch this time of year LB, last spring had a tuff old rooster squaring off on my truck bumper...poor guy was ruthless.

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw many of them south of Bismarck, on the way to the rifle range last night.

Agreed jaykay,sniffing around central south dakota a few weeks ago seen plenty of road runners at sundown,enough I had to slow down on the hiway to save my truck grill.mild winter,so far a dry spring,might make an interesting fall.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed jaykay,sniffing around central south dakota a few weeks ago seen plenty of road runners at sundown,enough I had to slow down on the hiway to save my truck grill.mild winter,so far a dry spring,might make an interesting fall.

Yep, same. Teaching my oldest daughter how to drive, and we had to weave in around the pheasants and turkeys last night.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I live on a gravel road and many times in the mornings, the roosters are duking it out and I have to stop and almost kick their asses towards the ditch. Pretty reoccupied.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Robins yesterday,neighbor has a travel trailer parked along my privacy fence,dang robin decided to nest in a pine tree near the fence,dang robin is going nuts fighting her reflection in the travel trailer window,waiting for the robin to knock itself out hitting that window.

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a forked tail rooster at my place. Been here two years, so he's beat the odds. Fun to watch him strut his stuff in front of the hens.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74