trouble at garrison???

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
heard this week that there is some trouble at garrison with the dam or spillway... hearing it could possibly flush the normal "june" rise down river to be able to fix - suck sandwich... we are low, low, low. out west now...

any knowledge here???

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
keeping upstream of garrison low enough to do repairs - whatever level that is... but not good for us out west i'm thinking...

maybe not good for downstream either - don't know...

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know there was a tv news interview with the Corp saying that they were going to fix any of the spillway plates of cement that had been damaged from the 2011 event. I suppose for safety purposes they will have to keep the lake level lower than normal so that crews don't take on the risk of the hazard of water accidentally coming through the gates??

Honored Member
The Core posted they expect pool levels at 1841 after the June rise on their website.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

No, I knew about that, but it's only a study...not an actual repair or maintenance. For now anyway.

I'm guessing this story was the impetus of it and it somehow got mis-translated into actual work.

- - - Updated - - -

I know there was a tv news interview with the Corp saying that they were going to fix any of the spillway plates of cement that had been damaged from the 2011 event. I suppose for safety purposes they will have to keep the lake level lower than normal so that crews don't take on the risk of the hazard of water accidentally coming through the gates??

I think this is in reference to the story risingsun posted.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, I knew about that, but it's only a study...not an actual repair or maintenance. For now anyway.

I'm guessing this story was the impetus of it and it somehow got mis-translated into actual work.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is in reference to the story risingsun posted.

I think they just reposted a story from 2020 because the work was still ongoing thru most of this year. Supposed to be completed in the fall.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74