Dewalt cordless lawn tools.

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
Just bought the trimmer this spring, works great so far, dad has been running one for a couple years now. I also bought the chainsaw but haven’t tried it yet. Heard good reviews on it and should do just fine for campfire wood!

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the 20 volt dewalt chain saw, it is definatly a light duty tool.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
You must be some kind of drug kingpin to afford the Milwaukee fuel saw and trimmer, they are spendy. We use a Milwaukee saw at work to cut cribbing and it works very well. The Milwaukee batteries don’t seem to hold up real well, we replace many of them. Granted they are used way harder than they would be in someone’s home shop.

I've also got the big milwaukee fuel bandsaw, 4.5 inch grinder, and a Fronius Accupocket 150 battery powered welder. That welder is the bee's knees for portability. It'll burn about 15 sticks at 100 amp before the batteries are drained. The best part is you can use a Honda 2000 generator to recharge it. You can even have it plugged into the generator charging up and keep welding, it switches back and forth seamlessly without you even noticing it.

Oh and not a drug kingpin either, poor cattleman here, just like to throw money at tools that make my life easier. I don't have many spendy toys so I seem to spend it on tools and stuff.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've also got the big milwaukee fuel bandsaw, 4.5 inch grinder, and a Fronius Accupocket 150 battery powered welder. That welder is the bee's knees for portability. It'll burn about 15 sticks at 100 amp before the batteries are drained. The best part is you can use a Honda 2000 generator to recharge it. You can even have it plugged into the generator charging up and keep welding, it switches back and forth seamlessly without you even noticing it.

Oh and not a drug kingpin either, poor cattleman here, just like to throw money at tools that make my life easier. I don't have many spendy toys so I seem to spend it on tools and stuff.
I’m intrigued by the welder, I’ll have to look into that. I have a little 110 welder I tried to use on my Honda 2000 with 1/16 7018 and it killed the Honda dead.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the 20 volt dewalt chain saw, it is definatly a light duty tool.
I don’t cut much wood anymore just a few small logs for camping, I hope it will work for that.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
My neighbor bought a 40v string trimmer,not sure what brand? that seems to work well for him,nice and quiet,he also has a 40v leaf blower...so/so on power compared to my stihl blower but quiet is nice.Dang electric one string whacker I had was POS in long weeds/grass not enough torq,gaddamn long stuff would wind around the powerhead and end the trimming process for 20 minutes to clean.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fronius Accupocket 150 battery powered weld

That would be a handy little unit out in the field.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Worx 20v string trimmer. My original one is about 15 years old and still is great. And the string is the best. Still send me free string. Bought a second one for the oldest daughter.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t cut much wood anymore just a few small logs for camping, I hope it will work for that.

It will.

Also - modern electric tools are dangerous. I grew up knowing the engine running meant the power tool was armed (ready to do damage) because the engine was running and I can hear it.

Electric tools freaky as ####... they are always armed and ready to cut off a limb or remove an appendage. Even the ice augers have caught me by surprise when I'm handling them and accidentally hit the throttle.

I know the retarded safety features help prevent injury - but they still freak me out with their silent/instant power.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since we are talking about battery operated stuff i did pick up a DeWalt 20v pressure washer last week. It has been great so far. 550psi.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
My neighbor bought a 40v string trimmer,not sure what brand? that seems to work well for him,nice and quiet,he also has a 40v leaf blower...so/so on power compared to my stihl blower but quiet is nice.Dang electric one string whacker I had was POS in long weeds/grass not enough torq,gaddamn long stuff would wind around the powerhead and end the trimming process for 20 minutes to clean.

I have the same 40V trimmer and blower, and love them both. I live in town, and can do my yard, my neighbors yard, and my mom's yard all on one charge, and that's a lot of lineal feet of fence.

The blower works well for quickly clearing sand and dirt out of the garage. If you want to suck up leaves though, they don't make (I'm not aware of anyhow) a vacuum for the cordless stuff. It's back to gas for a leaf-blower vacuum combo.

I have about 4 years on my 40V battery, and it's not as long-lasting as it was. I dread replacing that big chunk-o-money.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
We packed the Dewalt 12" chainsaw in on horses hunting on several occasions to take care of any blow down or random trees on the trail. It works great. Used to carry 4 20v batteries but now carry 2 40v instead. A 40v lasts a long, long time. I can run one all day putting OSB on a roof and never have to change it out.

limit2winit

Established Member
I have both, but i use the bigger batteries with them. My chainsaw came with a flexvolt 9ah battery, and got a 6ah on sale. both have great run time and power with those batteries. You won't be able to saw down a giant tree with it, but works well for most use. Then I use those same batteries on my drill/lite flite combo for ice fishing.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beings California outlawed gas powered lawn tools, you better get your battery operated shit soon, as they will ship every battery tool to that shit hole.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the pole saw and the weed trimmer. Both very nice units. Trimmer is awesome with 9 amp, can do my 1.5 acre with just that battery.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 92
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 60