Dewalt cordless lawn tools.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I still like gas. There's nothing quite as satisfying as shouting "You f**king piece of sh*t!" loud enough for the neighbor three houses down to hear after pulling the cord 200 times. Battery-powered will never catch on.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Praire dog,that's so spot on,funny as hell,thanx for the monday morning laugh,glad I wasn't sipping coffee at the time I read your reply...

PS not a fan,battery powered hedge trimmer (sucks) as well as single wire weed whacker,both suck.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still like gas. There's nothing quite as satisfying as shouting "You f**king piece of sh*t!" loud enough for the neighbor three houses down to hear after pulling the cord 200 times. Battery-powered will never catch on.

Thanks a lot ethanol (and President Bush Jr - you dipstick).

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks a lot ethanol (and President Bush Jr - you dipstick).

It happened before that. I can recall my dad using his late 1970's Lawn-Boy mower as a 2-handed frisbee whilst emitting a bunch of words I was told to never repeat lest I receive soap in my mouth.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It happened before that. I can recall my dad using his late 1970's Lawn-Boy mower as a 2-handed frisbee whilst emitting a bunch of words I was told to never repeat lest I receive soap in my mouth.

Of course. But there was an absolute epidemic of small engine carb issues when ethanol first got forced on us - with nobody telling the general public about the evils of ethanol in carbs, fuel lines, fiberglass tanks, certain plastic tanks and fittings, etc..

I was one of the victims. Hasn't happened since I switched to premium - and I have more small engine toys than ever.

Last edited:

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dewalt 20 volt saw with biggest battery is great, i have cut alot of shit very impressed

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
finally had to replace the carb on my stihl FS55 gas trimmer after 9 years. $60 at RDO. Neighbor has a Milwaukee 18v trimmer and blower, he likes it, but I'm still a bit skeptical.

bilbo

Honored Member
I bought my M18 trimmer as an anger purchase. I had a Husky commercial weedeater that started having carb trouble. Cleaned carb, installed new kit for carb, installed new carb, tuning, plugs, coil, nothing would get it to run right. Finally I got frustrated with it and ran to ACME and bought the Milwaukee one. It works fantastic. No shortage of power, battery will do my yard twice if things aren't too overgrown, light, always starts, easy to winterize. It was less money than the Husky was.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
been using M18 tools for 5 years or so (trimmer and blower) and they're fine - very convenient

both previous trimmer and blower had their carbs puked up with ethanol when I forgot to religiously drain/treat them

I abandoned those headaches and bought M18 cuz I already had a fleet of M18 hand tools

getting up on roof w battery blower is handy (for leaves in troughs)

the blower is so-so for wind speed - and a real battery hog

wstnodak

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thread hijack alert. I have a stihl fsa85 trimmer I need to get rid of of any one is interested. It's brand new with a charger but no battery. I think the battery is around 180 bucks. Pm me if you are interested.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
been using M18 tools for 5 years or so (trimmer and blower) and they're fine - very convenient

both previous trimmer and blower had their carbs puked up with ethanol when I forgot to religiously drain/treat them

I abandoned those headaches and bought M18 cuz I already had a fleet of M18 hand tools

getting up on roof w battery blower is handy (for leaves in troughs)

the blower is so-so for wind speed - and a real battery hog
My son gets on the roof, as I have developed a significant fear of heights. I have never run the blower on the roof, but used to get up and use the hose to clean gutters.. PITA

sdietrich

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been really impressed with the Dewalt 20v chainsaw, trimmer, blower and pole saw. Trimmer is a little heavy and could use some improvement . I use chainsaw it cut up storm damaged trees around the property. However I would recommend using 5 amp hr or 6 amp hr batteries

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member

Almost everything I have is M–18. I have been impressed with the pole trimmer, the weed eater is good, the blower, blows... definitely the weakest tool out of the three

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75