Dewalt cordless lawn tools.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody on here use the dewalt 20volt max xr string trimmer or chainsaw? I have stihl gas powered ones now and am getting rid of them both. I don’t use them enough to keep fresh gas around. I read some reviews good and bad, but I don’t trust those reviews I’d rather have first hand knowledge from someone I trust.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
if the 20 volt are anything like my 18v,pass,batteries lasted 3 years with charges always topped off,$100 to replace two batteries.,no non oxy gas fuel in your area?,seafoam works wonders with prenium 92 octane as a second chioce.,had 20v battery trimmer years ago,ended up wrapping the pos around a tree,that ended that,either echo gas or stihl these days,well my rider is a husky.

Last edited:

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the string trimmer and have been very happy with it. On a fresh charge I can get 30 minutes of fairly hard/near wide open use out of it.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We now use the Stihl battery blower, chainsaw, and polesaw. Like them all and got the ones with the highest voltage. Can't remember which ones that was.
Don't have the power of the gas ones we had on the farm but work good for what we need them for here in town.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
if your wife says she will weed eat if you buy one don't fall for it they lie.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
All of my Stihl gas powered stuff is awesome, other than my effn weed trimmer, starts hard and runs shitty.

Happycamper

Honored Member
Stick with Stihl. American made. See Todd at RDO Bismarck corner of Expressway and Airport rd.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stick with Stihl. American made. See Todd at RDO Bismarck corner of Expressway and Airport rd.
I’ve no issue with stihl products they’ve served me very well over the years, but I don’t use them enough now to have them. Battery operated will work better for me for the limited use they will get.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the string trimmer it's 3-4 yrs old. I also have the 12" chainsaw. Both Work great for me.

I don't saw down trees, I just do a bit of trimming. I did hack up a good-sized tree that had a bunch of branches blow off. Got it down to the main trunk then had someone who wanted the trunk for a project come and take that down with a bigger gas saw.

Last edited:

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the string trimmer it's 3-4 yrs old. I also have the 12" chainsaw. Both Work great for me.

I don't saw down trees, I just do a bit of trimming. I did hack up a good-sized tree that had a bunch of branches blow off. Got it down to the main trunk then had someone who wanted the trunk for a project come and take that down with a bigger gas saw.
I’m looking at the 12 inch saw and trimmer. I don’t cut any trees anymore just a few fallen ones for camping.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have string trimmer and the pole saw. Both have been very good.

Happycamper

Honored Member
I’ve no issue with stihl products they’ve served me very well over the years, but I don’t use them enough now to have them. Battery operated will work better for me for the limited use they will get.

Stihl has battery operated chainsaws. I'm in the process of buying one.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
we have been running one of dewalts string trimmers for a couple years now and it's pretty great... can honestly say we won't be going back to a gas powered unit any time soon, if ever.... I should add, we have a bunch of dewalt 20v batteries that we use for our tools, so having one go bad here or there isn't gonna be an issue.... I should also add that, in the 4 or 5 years that I've had my 20v toolkit, I've never had a 20v battery go bad.... 18v batteries are straight trash though....

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got the Milwaukee m18 fuel string trimmer and their chainsaw. Love them both. The chainsaw is dynamite.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got the Milwaukee m18 fuel string trimmer and their chainsaw. Love them both. The chainsaw is dynamite.
You must be some kind of drug kingpin to afford the Milwaukee fuel saw and trimmer, they are spendy. We use a Milwaukee saw at work to cut cribbing and it works very well. The Milwaukee batteries don’t seem to hold up real well, we replace many of them. Granted they are used way harder than they would be in someone’s home shop.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought the dewalt 20v brushless trimmer for the wife (she actually uses it). Works great so far.

That reminds me..I have a 4 stroke craftsman trimmer I need to sell if anybody's interested.

Last edited:

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
Different brand but have the makita trimmer and chainsaw, both work well for me. Keep the chain sharp and it works well for logs up to 8-9 inches. Easy on the ears. Mine is a 36 volt saw

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67