Electronic Posting

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know I don’t count and all but hunting did not end here when it all went posted and the majority of stuff I kill is on public land but asking to get permission isn’t that hard either. Now that I am getting old it’s even easier to get permission. Landowners seem to let old people on vs kids . Should be no problem for most on here.
but I understand SD has far more public land

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know I don’t count and all but hunting did not end here when it all went posted and the majority of stuff I kill is on public land but asking to get permission isn’t that hard either. Now that I am getting old it’s even easier to get permission. Landowners seem to let old people on vs kids . Should be no problem for most on here.

Its a different kind of breed of Landowner up here. Very territorial, very mine mine mine type of personality. I'd like to hope you're right but not holding my breath.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

what county are you in?

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
And the winner for dumbest post of 2021 so far is????

You think this is hatred towards landowners? This is nothing. Just wait until the effects of this are felt by everybody. Hell 80% don’t even know about it yet. There will probably be an all out war. Support for ag is going right the damn window. Nobody is going to give a flying fuck about landowners/farmers anymore. You think you got garbage laying around now lol. Shits gonna get real damn soon. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if shit gets burnt to the ground. Land tore to shit. Animals poached all over the place to the extent it’ll resemble the vallely boys on a regular basis. Vandalism up the ass. I really think the shits going to hit the fan

VS

I know some farmers that post all there land and alot and go hunt grasslands also. I think that's bullshit. If you post your own land hunt it and stay out of the open for others.

A fucking tie!

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member

VS

A fucking tie!

I give this one to eyexer by a landslide. He’s obviously off his meds again.

However, post number 2 gets an dishonorable mention for sure. No wonder we have come to the point we have with statements like this.

I will never understand why some people think posted signs are the devil’s handiwork. I’ve had most of my best hunting on posted land that isn’t mine. I’ve started some really good friendships by calling a phone number on a posted sign. I can honestly say my life would be missing something very important had it not been for a few posted signs I’ve come across over the years. I must be a lot less socially awkward than some of you folks is all I can figure.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I kinda like #2. Its like me pissing and moaning about the rain and my truck getting dirty, so I leave mine in the garage and take mrs johnrs rig out and get hers all dirtied up..

I have wheels, but choose to use hers for pure selfish bullshit.

I also know several farmers using the gratis tag through out the entire county, as the land they farm would never hold any game. And no I don't turn them in as they are friends, and generally good guys, I also don't call the cops on a coworker who runs a red light, or drinks a roady going from the boat ramp to the cleaning station.

If I wanted to be an officer of the law, I would have become one

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, but it wasn't really a fair fight. Eyexer has way more experience posting retarded crap.

- - - Updated - - -

VS

A fucking tie!

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will never understand why some people think posted signs are the devil’s handiwork. I’ve had most of my best hunting on posted land that isn’t mine. I’ve started some really good friendships by calling a phone number on a posted sign. I can honestly say my life would be missing something very important had it not been for a few posted signs I’ve come across over the years. I must be a lot less socially awkward than some of you folks is all I can figure.

Right on. My view: if you want to post your land, more power to you. Reason doesn't matter, its your land your rules. What I believe is driving a wedge between everyone is this group on this strange crusade to "restore landowner rights". Trying to control how everyone else manages their land because they either don't like hunters and fishermen. The worst part is they not only have allies in the state gov, they are part of the state gov. They've done their best to paint farmers as innocent saints just trying to feed the hungry, who are victims to a state full of rogue outdoorsmen who destroy property. The onus is on the landowner with the problem to follow the steps to solve it. You have a trespasser or vandalizer, do like everyone else and contact law enforcement. Your neighbor doesn't mind hunters and leaves his land open, leave him alone. Now, if you think we should give the laws some real teeth and make trespassers pay an amount that hurts, then we agree. Elect a judge/sheriff who will be tough on these charges.

I've said it again and again, more legislation restricting the law-abiding citizen isn't going to help anything except decrease interest in the outdoors; which is what they want. Why not impose prohibition again? I know you have never been involved in a fatal DUI, but more laws will help. Throw gun restrictions in there as well. Doesn't matter that most people are law-abiding, right? I know most farmers a good people, but like anything its the loud fringe making the noise.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
John’s,

The gratis tag being used wherever one damn well pleases is a WHOLE different topic. That I agree is total BS.
I like your statement about becoming a LEO...it’s a very valid point.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel like this thread getting to 11 pages long should really constitute me becoming something more than just a gold member of the site. Unreal. Like I’m some
kind of peasant or something.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I kinda like #2. Its like me pissing and moaning about the rain and my truck getting dirty, so I leave mine in the garage and take mrs johnrs rig out and get hers all dirtied up..

I have wheels, but choose to use hers for pure selfish bullshit.

So if you live in the RR valley or James River valley and post your land, it's considered selfish to want to hunt mulies on Federal land in Western ND? How many times do I hear the "federal land is all our land" crap???? But I guess that only applies to non-landowners?

Good fucking grief!

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if you live in the RR valley or James River valley and post your land, it's considered selfish to want to hunt mulies on Federal land in Western ND? How many times do I hear the "federal land is all our land" crap???? But I guess that only applies to non-landowners?

Good fucking grief!

federal land is only open to landowners who don’t post their land. It’s written right in the handbook! Good grief don’t you read?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel like this thread getting to 11 pages long should really constitute me becoming something more than just a gold member of the site. Unreal. Like I’m some
kind of peasant or something.

LOL. First world problems.

Seems like maybe some of us are taking the internet side of life a bit more seriously than it deserves.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Good fucking grief!

Correct

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I apply for mule deer in 4B . And get a gratis every time I’m turned down for eastern nd and post my land solid . Get over it . As for this electronic posting , it would have been much simpler just to pass the trespass law where everything is automatically posted . This electronic thing will be a disaster

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I apply for mule deer in 4B . And get a gratis every time I’m turned down for eastern nd and post my land solid . Get over it . As for this electronic posting , it would have been much simpler just to pass the trespass law where everything is automatically posted . This electronic thing will be a disaster

First I have 0 problems of a landowner putting in for a tag in a different unit than they own land. Also this electronic posting could potentially be a disaster, no argument there. Now your other statement of it being an easier way definitely doesn’t automatically mean it’s a better way. I know that’s borderline blasphemy in today’s world but the difficult road less traveled is often far more rewarding. I mean how hard would it be for someone to say the easiest way would be just to ban hunting all together. Not really a place we want to be and I’d imagine you’d hopefully agree

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
The way i see it is they want this law to be a disaster so they can write a bill during the next session... "to make it easy everything is posted THE END!"

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
BINGO!! It's going to happen anyway. This is just a segway IMO.

Whatever, adapt and overcome or get phased out.

The only thing that stays the same is that everything changes.... and not always for the better.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77