Electronic Posting

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - -

Its a right, yes. But it doesnt give you the RIGHT to do it on other peoples property. That is theirs. I hate this crap to high heaven. I think its terrible. But private land rights are extremely important to preserve with the current status of whats going on in this country.[/QUOTE]

I never said it gives you the right to do it on other peoples property. All I said was that it is in fact a right in the state of ND. Personally, I'm young enough that I know how to use plenty of electronics... I won't have any problem adjusting to the use of an app or website to check if something is posted... As long as everything is and stays initially marked as "open to hunting" and requires action to be posted, so be it...
What I do have a problem with, is, there are a bunch of counties out there who don't have a GIS database to go off of.... If there is no GIS database to go off of, electronic posting is not an option.... Sure they will probably eventually develop the landowner database for those counties, but there is another problem... As those databases are developed, there needs to be notifications put out to the public so we know that they are available and to be checking them....

The one other thing that has me maybe a little leery is making sure that the proper people are posting land... They can't have it so that any tom dick or harry can go and switch whatever land they wanna hunt to posted. There has to be a verification process... How they do that without pissing landowners off is beyond me...

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
tumblr_lb5a57uuyx1qafhe9o1_400.gif

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Steinwand did mention that it will be a year long commitment "this year", but in the future he expects it to evolve into having hte ability to turn things off and on on a whim. Those rules should be interesting and won't be complicated AT ALL i'm sure. :::
That's going to be a fricking nightmare. Expect criminal charges, lawsuits and court costs to "prove your innocence". Some a-hole will forget to post it online, see someone who has checked it out and done everything right hunting the land and boom the post it while they are out there and call it in. Going to have to screen shot and time stamp shit next. What a cluster f... this is going to be, I wish they would have just went ahead and changed it to no-trespess and be done with it.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, IF you have service you better take screenshots of how the land is post to cover you own ass. What a fucking nightmare this is going to turn into.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Look, I'm not happy about this either. But alls I'm saying is that it's NOT the worst thing that could have happened.

We were getting a trespass law. You can stick your fingers in your ears and shut your eyes and sing "la la la" all you want. But it was coming, regardless. Stockman's and other Ag groups made it clear this issue wasn't dead the last time we got it off the table. So they regrouped and came up with Plan B. Is it perfect? Not at all. But it could have been worse. A LOT worse.

If you believe in slippery slopes, well maybe we're all sliding toward inevitability of everything being posted unless otherwise noted open to the public. However, we're not there yet.

Either sportsmen will show landowners and legislatures that we can handle this new law, or they'll find out through obvious flaws that it's a horseshit law and they have no functional way of feasibly policing or implementing it on a state-wide scale.

I'm not changing anything for the fall. I'll still do what I always have done. I guess time will tell if this was the tipping point toward "the end of hunting as we know it" or merely another speedbump.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I imagine that most land that people want to keep you off of will still be marked with physical signs

I think you're right.

Devils advocate however, I could see someone who thrives on controversy pulling down signs in order to increase his/her chance of being able to essentially induce a problem to push a narrative regarding hunters, permission, and trespassing.

I predict wardens will be exponentially busier than they've ever been.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
you folks in north dakota had it darn good for many years with liberal land access unless posted,most states I hunt all ag land is no hunting w/o permission no posting neccessary kansas,nebraska,minnesota,some states require written permission so agreed as stated above land access laws could be alot worse.Change most often is hard to swallow,suspect land owners are in favor of this new program,as slobs ruin shit for all.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
628977...unfortunately, hunting is NOT a right, it is a privilege that can be taken away from you. A right cannot be taken away. And just for the record, I do not support electronic posting.

How do you know what GOD thinks!! GOD has nothing to do with the State of ND

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They will need to hire 10 times more wardens just to keep up. LB

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
you folks in north dakota had it darn good for many years with liberal land access unless posted,most states I hunt all ag land is no hunting w/o permission no posting neccessary kansas,nebraska,minnesota,some states require written permission so agreed as stated above land access laws could be alot worse.Change most often is hard to swallow,suspect land owners are in favor of this new program,as slobs ruin shit for all.

You're not from here. You don't live here. As such, you don't matter, and your opinions and experiences don't count.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think you're right.

Devils advocate however, I could see someone who thrives on controversy pulling down signs in order to increase his/her chance of being able to essentially induce a problem to push a narrative regarding hunters, permission, and trespassing.

I predict wardens will be exponentially busier than they've ever been.

His name rhymes with gee ess tee

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So in my area a lot of land owners block off section lines, plant right over them etc etc. now that this can of worms is open I will be raising holy hell about it. Now we need to get this removed from law via initiated measure. Or at the very least get ditches opened up via initiated measure. Also post the list of those that voted yes for this piece of shit. When the time comes I will be campaigning hard against these jack asses

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
could definitely be worse. not sure how it isn't clear to me yet. but, are we starting from "not posted" until action is taken to the contrary?

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's going to be a fricking nightmare. Expect criminal charges, lawsuits and court costs to "prove your innocence". Some a-hole will forget to post it online, see someone who has checked it out and done everything right hunting the land and boom the post it while they are out there and call it in. Going to have to screen shot and time stamp shit next. What a cluster f... this is going to be, I wish they would have just went ahead and changed it to no-trespess and be done with it.

That is my biggest concern as well. The vast majority of my landowner interactions have been positive. I have had two instances where the interaction was not positive, there is no doubt in my mind both of those land owners would pull something like this. Hopefully there is some type of waiting period (12, 24 hours?) between the landowner changing the land to posted and when the "posting" goes into effect?

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
No access = no license = no season = no limits

No license = no revenue = no new wardens

Of the folks who don’t have dedicated property to hunt, Half of us will give up hunting. The other half will stop following the rules. Everyone is worse off.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am a conservative. I am just shy of 70. I am done hunting unless on my family's land. Can't see my grandkids doing much hunting. Not smart phone smart. Shit, this is depressing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77