Electronic Posting

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So with every one quitting hunting should make it easier to get on land to chase ducks and geese. I’m used to asking permission.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're not from here. You don't live here. As such, you don't matter, and your opinions and experiences don't count.

Oh okay,I appoligize for getting ahead of myself... carry on....

Last edited:

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For the record, you are wrong... ND made hunting and fishing a constitutional right in the year 2000.... https://ballotpedia.org/Article_XI,_North_Dakota_Constitution#Section_27

Hunting and fishing wherever and whenever you damn well please, however, is not your right. I’m pretty sure that’s what he was getting at. I know you clarified a bit in a later post, but still...you know what he was saying.

What we have now is a result of pushing back and pushing back and pushing back at the inevitable “everything is posted” rule that we knew was eventually going into effect. You all knew it was going to happen somehow, someway, someday so I hope the fiasco you got by delaying it was worth it.

As a landowner and as a hunter, I hate what we now have with this bullshit. I hope you all (you should know if I’m talking about you or not) are happy now with the bed you helped to make. After initially agreeing with the push against this, once I saw the writing on the wall I spent the last couple years wishing we’d have gone “everything’s posted” sooner than later before turning it into a circus and I also tried making as many contacts as I could to hopefully secure some hunting access for myself and my kids. I know I made some pretty good relationships but probably not enough. I hope some of the rest of you did the same in the midst of all of your “fighting for your right” to hunt other people’s unposted property. I’m not saying I ever liked or agreed with this change, but once it became very apparent that it was definitely coming, I personally feel like options were chosen very poorly.
Nick Simonson does a lot of good work, but as he continued to lead the charge I saw this whole thing going south long ago. He kept pushing this and rallying his troops and Now we have a mess where it could have been a MUCH better result.

I know which ones of you will have smoke coming out of your ears when you read this and which ones will be nodding your heads. What do you do? Just like every other goddam thing our selfishness led us down the path of destruction. While the Stockman’s association and the big business hunting outfitters are largely to blame for this, hunters with a bone to pick about everything are guilty all the same.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Burgum is a horrible governor. I didn’t like the choices for governor last election so I just left that oval unfilled on the ballot. I also just lost my phone and can’t access anything on the game and fish website.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well just remember we will always have farmers/ranchers to thank for the loss of number of hunters, funding to game and fish, depredation increase, etc etc.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well just remember we will always have farmers/ranchers/hunters to thank for the loss of number of hunters, funding to game and fish, depredation increase, etc etc.

Fixed it for ya.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Loss of number of hunters? I hunt ND and Montana and there are records for number of applicants each season. Go buy some rapalas and stop blaming farmers for stuff lol.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hunting and fishing wherever and whenever you damn well please, however, is not your right. I’m pretty sure that’s what he was getting at. I know you clarified a bit in a later post, but still...you know what he was saying.

What we have now is a result of pushing back and pushing back and pushing back at the inevitable “everything is posted” rule that we knew was eventually going into effect. You all knew it was going to happen somehow, someway, someday so I hope the fiasco you got by delaying it was worth it.

As a landowner and as a hunter, I hate what we now have with this bullshit. I hope you all (you should know if I’m talking about you or not) are happy now with the bed you helped to make. After initially agreeing with the push against this, once I saw the writing on the wall I spent the last couple years wishing we’d have gone “everything’s posted” sooner than later before turning it into a circus and I also tried making as many contacts as I could to hopefully secure some hunting access for myself and my kids. I know I made some pretty good relationships but probably not enough. I hope some of the rest of you did the same in the midst of all of your “fighting for your right” to hunt other people’s unposted property. I’m not saying I ever liked or agreed with this change, but once it became very apparent that it was definitely coming, I personally feel like options were chosen very poorly.
Nick Simonson does a lot of good work, but as he continued to lead the charge I saw this whole thing going south long ago. He kept pushing this and rallying his troops and Now we have a mess where it could have been a MUCH better result.

I know which ones of you will have smoke coming out of your ears when you read this and which ones will be nodding your heads. What do you do? Just like every other goddam thing our selfishness led us down the path of destruction. While the Stockman’s association and the big business hunting outfitters are largely to blame for this, hunters with a bone to pick about everything are guilty all the same.

Lots of assumptions with this post

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As is the case with most posts.
Theres a lot of personal opinion there as well, and quite a bit of frustration.
I’m calling it like I see it.

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There is often no cell service where I hunt. I hunt posted land. Still people sneak in nd vandalize my blind. It will be worse not better with this stupid electronic posting. This is simply a vindictive move by those who could not get automatic posting. The modern market hunters (outfitters) love this.

I hope we can download the app so it works when there is no cell service like OnX does. It would foolish if it doesn’t work the same way. I already pay for OnX so using another app is no big deal to me, hopefully it makes it clear what is posted and what is not.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a feeling you’re not the only one with this motto. This will be interesting.
Hard to blame people without smart phones if they cannot access the app. Some may knowingly hunt without looking up the status , but some will simply not know how to navigate such an app and may get caught trespassing....

- - - Updated - - -

Well just remember we will always have farmers/ranchers to thank for the loss of number of hunters, funding to game and fish, depredation increase, etc etc.

Honestly this new law will not be that big of a deal. Get the app and use it. We need to keep fighting those who want to make all land automatically posted. This law is far from the end of freelance hunting but we need to be ready for the next push. All this law does is make it easier for landowners to post their land and could even cut down on illegal posting.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honestly this new law will not be that big of a deal. Get the app and use it. We need to keep fighting those who want to make all land automatically posted. This law is far from the end of freelance hunting but we need to be ready for the next push. All this law does is make it easier for landowners to post their land and could even cut down on illegal posting.

This is basically what I was getting at. This is far better a solution that what they came out with a couple years ago. I had some pretty deep conversations with hunting buddies of mine, and we came to a consensus: This law isn't dead, it will come back in another form, and the only way to move forward is to work to come up with a compromise that meets some of what landowners are looking for, without wrecking all our opportunities.

Again, if you believe in the slippery slope theory, than maybe this is where we begin the slide. I guess I'm looking at it a bit more optimistically and thinking this is the start of what could save us from things getting any worse as far as land access in ND.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
anybody got a link to the law

I can only find PITA marked up versions as they were making sausage.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope we can download the app so it works when there is no cell service like OnX does. It would foolish if it doesn’t work the same way. I already pay for OnX so using another app is no big deal to me, hopefully it makes it clear what is posted and what is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to blame people without smart phones if they cannot access the app. Some may knowingly hunt without looking up the status , but some will simply not know how to navigate such an app and may get caught trespassing....

- - - Updated - - -

you think this is the end? Lol. By next session we will be right back to closing it all down. All this is is a stepping stone to their ultimate goal. Just makes it easier.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
you think this is the end? Lol. By next session we will be right back to closing it all down. All this is is a stepping stone to their ultimate goal. Just makes it easier.

Sure. If we stay quiet. And if enough of us ruin it for the majority. And if we do nothing to "be the bigger people" and find common ground.

Then yup, it'll get worse.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So what about public land? Who do I call so I can kiss-ass to hunt. Not happening in whats left of my hunting years. LB

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure. If we stay quiet. And if enough of us ruin it for the majority. And if we do nothing to "be the bigger people" and find common ground.

Then yup, it'll get worse.
In other words it will get worse. We often see a lot of chest thumping, but the chances of someone actually doing anything is about zero. The only chance is to start an organization that represents us. An organization that represents hunters not the tree hugger crowd.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66