Electronic Posting

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the biggest problem we have in ND is the confusion between hunting rights and property rights. There's a big difference between the two. North Dakota was the only state in the lower 48 where land was not considered automatically posted.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I keep asking myself what the GST’s of the world are going to cry for next. This won’t be good enough for them. It won’t solve any problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I think it’s great using “GST” to describe a group of people. Purebred horse face idiot.

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hit nail on head...wont solve a thing

I keep asking myself what the GST’s of the world are going to cry for next. This won’t be good enough for them. It won’t solve any problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I think it’s great using “GST” to describe a group of people. Purebred horse face idiot.

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the biggest problem we have in ND is the confusion between hunting rights and property rights. There's a big difference between the two. North Dakota was the only state in the lower 48 where land was not considered automatically posted.

This is not exactly true. In Minnesota, private farmland is considered automatically posted. However woods and other native habitat still needs to be posted to restrict access.

As far as ONX goes every time I've opened it on my own properties, it has been within a foot of the property line. That seems pretty accurate to me.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is not exactly true. In Minnesota, private farmland is considered automatically posted. However woods and other native habitat still needs to be posted to restrict access.

As far as ONX goes every time I've opened it on my own properties, it has been within a foot of the property line. That seems pretty accurate to me.
do you remember the year mn change the posting law so everything had to be posted, never heard so much whining in my life

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
do you remember the year mn change the posting law so everything had to be posted, never heard so much whining in my life

I don't remember that, although I can imagine. I've only been hunting over there about 8 years and have owned land for 3 years. When did it change?

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
In MN, I believe the law changed about 1980ish. Like stated, it only applies to Agricultural land. I still have to post my chunk of woods.

From watching that game warden show on TV it seems as though Maine is open unless posted.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How do you get permission to hunt deer when the land owner is in Arizona pounding down drinks at a golf course

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Should be if they dont answer their phone your good to go. See how that flies, LB

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nope. They are close approximations of where the property line might be. If you want to know the exact property line you better start digging up recordation forms at the courthouse.
It’s accurate enough that a game warden will not find you at fault for hunting land the app says is public or is not posted. This is how it works in WY and they are a hard ass on everything. That’s the whole point of an app like On-X.......

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
We just need to get together and start an online data base of which farmers winter down south. Then we know we are good to go.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We just need to get together and start an online data base of which farmers winter down south. Then we know we are good to go.

Ha! This would actually open up a lot of access!!! Don't forget landowners that live out of state.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s accurate enough that a game warden will not find you at fault for hunting land the app says is public or is not posted. This is how it works in WY and they are a hard ass on everything. That’s the whole point of an app like On-X.......

Obviously. I was referring to it not being accurate enough to tell a land owner his fence was in the wrong place.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how this is going to work, does the land owner have to go somwhere online to post there land, I own land and ndgf hasnt contacted me?

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hope they don't forget to delineate section lines and right of ways as public land. They might as well get it right the first time so the " it costs to much" won't be an excuse. Whoever is behind this, farmers, have to play by the same rules.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we should hold get togethers to drive down section lines that are being farmed over or fenced across and aren’t officially closed. Get fifty or sixty guys together and just parade back and forth over these section lines all damn day

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well if the sportsman is paying for it then we should be getting what we are paying for.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 71