Electronic Posting

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am not sure i see it being as big of a disaster as some. especially, since we started from all land is unposted unless posted... physically or electronically. call me an optimistic. but, tis way better than the alternative. and i tend to think if this works out, then it might prevent the worst case scenario. and i also don't think there is as much standing in the way of it working out as most might think.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This site is funny when there's blood in the water.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I kinda like #2. Its like me pissing and moaning about the rain and my truck getting dirty, so I leave mine in the garage and take mrs johnrs rig out and get hers all dirtied up..

I have wheels, but choose to use hers for pure selfish bullshit.

I also know several farmers using the gratis tag through out the entire county, as the land they farm would never hold any game. And no I don't turn them in as they are friends, and generally good guys, I also don't call the cops on a coworker who runs a red light, or drinks a roady going from the boat ramp to the cleaning station.

If I wanted to be an officer of the law, I would have become one

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...3577157A841A4519029C3577157A841A4&FORM=VDQVAP

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
First I have 0 problems of a landowner putting in for a tag in a different unit than they own land. Also this electronic posting could potentially be a disaster, no argument there. Now your other statement of it being an easier way definitely doesn’t automatically mean it’s a better way. I know that’s borderline blasphemy in today’s world but the difficult road less traveled is often far more rewarding. I mean how hard would it be for someone to say the easiest way would be just to ban hunting all together. Not really a place we want to be and I’d imagine you’d hopefully agree

I totally agree . I wish it woulda been left the way it was .

Effie

This E-posting is a huge can of worms, and is going to blow up into a big fiasco! Terry Steinwand is smart to retire before this crap gets going. Rep Eberle and his bill can go down as 1 of the worst things to come out of the ND Legislation ever!

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you have to log-in to be able to read it…. Either it’s not user friendly at all or I’m not seeing an easy fix

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have to zoom in on and an area and it might take a little for it to load. I am not logged in. I am on a desktop.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pull up the PLOTS map. The cross hatched ground is e-posted and click on it to show the contact person, which may or may not list anything besides a name. (We just want to know who's on our land.....) Good luck with that.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I spent a little time on it last night. Didn't find it very user friendly. Some is marked with a different symbol. Have no idea what they mean. For the area where I live there was very little electronically posted and I know 90% of many areas will have posters up this fall. So what idid this help? First map was of the entire country and can shrink down from there. I was on my laptop with a 13" screen, don't think it would've been much fun on my phone.

Wondering if this is a huge failure or a signal that a whole lot of landowners don't really care if someone is hunting on their land. I did find one area where a landowner I know quite well electronically posted all of his. He doesn't hunt and has not posted in the past. He's kind of political so I'm thinking some of his liberal buddies talked him into jumping on the bandwagon. On the plus side he did leave contact info.

Maybe it's something that we're going to have to get used to. Kind of like steel shot. After all these years we may not like it, but it's better than not hunting at all.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yellow is PLOTS. Red is State Wildlife management areas, and blue is school section.

There are areas that were unposted and have been hunting for a few years that are now posted.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone know on the phone app how to change to satellite imagery background?

A few of my waterfowl stomping grounds are posted as usual but some even have phone numbers so maybe that’s a sign I could get permission. Still wondering how this app works offline with no service?

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I checked out my area on that site. Very little land in my area got electronically posted. I did notice that three neighbors land was on there as posted, in the past none of those three posted much if any of their land and two out of the three don't hunt at all and the other hunts very little. They are Stockmens members and I would say big supporters of Stockmens. Everyone on here complains that the farmers wanted this, well in my area hardly any farmers electronically posted their land. I only seen one that did and he also has cattle and is also a Stockmens member. The first three neighbors I mentioned are mainly cattle guys. I highly doubt any of these four are for property rights or are anti hunters, they are simply listening to what the Stockmens Association is telling them to do IMO. They've all just drank the kool aid for to long.

I ranch but I don't support Stockmens or this electronic posting BS.

- - - Updated - - -

I also noticed that the people in my area that post their land with signs and hate anyone even driving by their land didn't post their land on that site.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The stockman’s assoc is certainly no friend to sportsmen. We should certainly keep that in mind

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What difference does it make. Alot of people are going to/using apps like on x. These apps usually tell you the landowners. The site listed above seems to be moving toward the same thing for FREE. I guess I hunted differently. I do assume all land is posted or at least that someone deserves a courtesy call to let them know I am on there land. Shoot I still call or text even if I've gotten permission ahead of time.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So just how is the G&F making it known this is now a thing? Aside from this site I’ve seen nothing

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gonna be a complete "shit show" IMO.
Probably be a mad run on Platt Books, so if you want one better get it now. Legal description of lands may need to be known if trying to get permission ( providing anyone will answer ).

Curiosity, Does anyone know if G&F has a listing for John Q public to know of depredation payments paid out to farmers/ranchers?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76