Electronic Posting

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't like any of it.

Seems like a good way to start a bunch of fights within our once easy to hunt state

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was lucky enough to go in with 2 close friends and buy some land for hunting. My personal feelings is that it is just a bad law. I think it will lead to someone getting in trouble accidently. There are to many gaps in cell coverage in this state.

Our renter asked that we post it electronically. But none of us wanted to publish phone numbers or emails. But the biggest thing is that none of us like this law.

We went and bought 75 metal signs, grabbed spotting scopes and a case of beer and put up signs. We took our 12yr and 13yr old sons along and made them drive the gravel roads and had fun doing it. Took about 90 minutes (less if we didn't scope every possible thing)

The system we have is working just fine in my opinion.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is going to be a shit ton of people that don’t even know this law exists

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our renter asked that we post it electronically. But none of us wanted to publish phone numbers or emails. But the biggest thing is that none of us like this law.

Apparently you don't have to publish any contact information. I was under the impression you did but when I saw some land without any I called the game and fish and spoke with them first hand. They told those who are electronically posting are not actually required to provide that info...

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apparently you don't have to publish any contact information. I was under the impression you did but when I saw some land without any I called the game and fish and spoke with them first hand. They told those who are electronically posting are not actually required to provide that info...

Seems the vast majority I’ve looked do not have contact info. Saw a couple that did that typically allow you on that I went through a lot of running around to get their phone numbers (people that don’t have listed landlines) so that’s almost kinda disappointing that someone can just get it from their couch now haha

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats why its important to pay attention to the slimeballs in Bismarck when the sausage is getting made. We tried shouting this from the rooftops that it should be mandatory to provide LEGIT contact info to post. Because of this very reason...and yet, here we are.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd agree that a phone number should have been mandatory. However, at least we have the name of the owner and the person who posted it. Typically (certainly not always) not real hard to find a person's contact info these days, granted they probably won't answer the phone. Nothing worse than posted land with no names on any signs and no houses around and an absentee owner on Onx.

eyeguy

I've been posting my land with my name and number on the posters since I've owed it and it still doesn't help with some of the people. For the most part, I explain that I hunt my own land but will let people hunt certain areas. I have prosecuted two parties though in the last two years. One guy, after walking past fie posters insisted that he didn't need permission, and the other guy parked right in front of two posters and two no trespassing signs!!!!

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've been posting my land with my name and number on the posters since i've owed it and it still doesn't help with some of the people. For the most part, i explain that i hunt my own land but will let people hunt certain areas. I have prosecuted two parties though in the last two years. One guy, after walking past fie posters insisted that he didn't need permission, and the other guy parked right in front of two posters and two no trespassing signs!!!!

these are the people that ruin it for all the real sportsmen

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
They linked it to onx...It's still stupid to have both. But at least now I can use one app whilst oot n aboot

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I just checked it out. That is a HELL of a lot easier.

Last edited:

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do I update onx? I’ve had it for ten years , I have the yearly premium subscription but nd posted stuff not showed up yet so I have to update ?? I got antelope tag so would be nice to have it in onx before I head out

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I checked out the unit I drew in before I applied . The map was out before app deadline . So I have saved that map but would be nice to have it saved offline on onx . Onx said it will be on there. Hoping soon

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do I update onx? I’ve had it for ten years , I have the yearly premium subscription but nd posted stuff not showed up yet so I have to update ?? I got antelope tag so would be nice to have it in onx before I head out

There is a layer called "ND Electronically Posted Land". I'm guessing you just need to turn that on. I'm on Onyx right now and all electronic post land shows up for me.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74