Electronic Posting

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We just need to get together and start an online data base of which farmers winter down south. Then we know we are good to go.

Sounds like an APP idea!!

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we should hold get togethers to drive down section lines that are being farmed over or fenced across and aren’t officially closed. Get fifty or sixty guys together and just parade back and forth over these section lines all damn day

download.jpeg

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe we should offer them a 25% discount on their property taxes to allow anybody to hunt their land

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would suggest wearing your blaze orange hunting apparel year round when out driving in the country. Makes the most sense, and really helps one stand out in the randomness. It will also make it less obvious when the 16 day season is actually upon us.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to GNF, contact information is not necessary for landowners to provide. Thats BS.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Why don’t we just legalize corporate farming in ND and mandate all land held by corporations must be left open to the public for hunting? This could be a boondoggle for hunting access in ND!

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to GNF, contact information is not necessary for landowners to provide. Thats BS.

I asked this question on FB when the GNF made the post regarding the law change. BLEW ME AWAY. So you're going to make it even more difficult to access land?? And how does that make sense, wherein a physical post needs to have name and number, but electronic ONLY needs a name??

Unreal. They beg and plead for us to recruit more hunters, but this is exactly the kind of shit that is going to kill the future of hunting.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I asked this question on FB when the GNF made the post regarding the law change. BLEW ME AWAY. So you're going to make it even more difficult to access land?? And how does that make sense, wherein a physical post needs to have name and number, but electronic ONLY needs a name??

Unreal. They beg and plead for us to recruit more hunters, but this is exactly the kind of shit that is going to kill the future of hunting.

SERIOUSLY?!?!?

What an absolute shit show. They say this is going to help with all the problems with trespassing? It will not!!! It will now only hurt the law abiding hunters!! GOD DAMNIT

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

It is not required to put your name or number on a no trespassing sign.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a bunch GST

Careful, you're starting to have a Plainsman style crush on GST.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The G&F is certainly no friend of sportsmen. They made that very obvious two sessions ago

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The G&F is certainly no friend of sportsmen. They made that very obvious two sessions ago

How's that?

The G&F had absolutely zero to do with the wording of this bill, it came from the legislature. The G&F can't write bills, they can only give recommendations.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
How's that?

The G&F had absolutely zero to do with the wording of this bill, it came from the legislature. The G&F can't write bills, they can only give recommendations.

what was their recommendation?

- - - Updated - - -

Did NDGF receive any funding as a result of this "anti-hunting" legislation?

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
what was their recommendation?

I have no idea. I'm just pointing out that peoples anger for the bill should be put on the legislature, not the G&F.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Did NDGF receive any funding as a result of this "anti-hunting" legislation?[/QUOTE]

Again, I have no idea.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
NDGF Official Position

"House Energy and Natural Resources Committee Testimony on SB 2144North Dakota Game and Fish DepartmentTerry Steinwand, DirectorMarch 11, 2021Chairman Porter and members of the House Energy and Natural Resources Committee, my name is Terry Steinwand and I’m Director of the North Dakota Game and Fish Department. I’m here today to testify in support of SB 2144.

We recognize the importance hunters and anglers place on accessing private land for hunting and fishing and also recognize the importance and value of private property rights to those owning land. This has been a long-standing topic of discussion, attempting to promote private property rights and access to public wildlife resources. The additional option for landowners of electronically posting land for hunting purposes is a very good example of a reasonable and collaborative solution. When bills on hunting trespass were filed in past sessions, landowners stated an issue of concern was the time and expense of placing signs around their property and sportsmen/women stated they wanted to know who to contact for permission to hunt. This bill addresses both questions and provides a solution.

Gratitude must go to Senator Erbele for leading the Interim Natural Resources Committee and also to members of the committee working together to craft this bill. The system that was provided for the pilot study meets the expectations for landowners interested in pursuing an electronic posting option while still allowing those that don’t wish to use the electronic system to physically post their land or simply not post it at all. Additionally, the tools, maps and applications available on the Game and Fish website are able to provide the electronic posting information to hunters.

For the above reasons, the North Dakota Game and Fish Department supports the passage of SB 2144 and recommends a DO PASS vote."

https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/67-2021/testimony/HNATRES-2144-20210311-8638-F-STEINWAND_TERRY.pdf

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75