Trey Lance

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
Most of the NFL experts are saying that he got drafted this high because of how mature and intelligent he is. He was definitely getting drafted at some point in the draft because of his physical abilities but they are saying he got drafted 3rd overall because they were blown away by how mature he was.

Why are people ok with trashing a young kid that they don't even know??

Because the kid was disrespecting a shitload of veterans HE didn’t know by kneeling during the National Anthem, that’s why.

Last edited:

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kneeling is cowardly and chicken shit. If you have something to say, request the podium, which all of these athletes have access to, and use your words. State the problem, provide some examples and offer up a solution. If not, go away, you are just an agitator and part of the problem too.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
But in the end it is still protected in the constitution. You cant take away some ones right that is not breaking the law. You dont have to agree with it or like it but its what makes this country great. I knew for a fact that when i signed up for the military i might have to defend people who i dont agree with or like but its bigger than what i just think or like. You cant sit on both sides of the fence you are either for the constitution or your not. rights and freedoms here are for every one even if you dont agree with them.

I dont agree with the kneeling but i dont want them forced to stop. Just like i dont want them to take my guns because they dont like them. Every one has choices and if you dont like it dont watch. I like football so I still watch it. the cancel culture from both sides is getting tiresome.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Absolutely, let em do it. But let’s not make it into some heroic gesture that’s going to change the world or solve anything. And let’s not dismiss people that disagree with it and call them racist or bigots. I remember back in the day when 2 opposing views would debate an issue. Now everyone just picks the side that makes them feel good regardless of the facts. For example, wouldn’t it be fun if Fauci had the balls to debate one of the many doctors that disagree with him on prime time television?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would think i would have lived, at my age, long enough and learn enough not to judge one when i have never met him or even talk to him.
Silly me for basing it on only his action and i should know better that monies come first before obtaining that silly piece of paper call a degree.
Lucky for Sticks and Carlson and many before that they were not hurt while getting that schooling when the paper means nothing.

But never to old to learn.
Maybe blame it on guywhofishes or that ACC degree i done got for being so foolish or maybe just lived and experience too much. db

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not disagreeing with ya DB. But it is just the way it is now. Or so it seems, for sports. Get to college, prove your God given talent, and get paid. And do it at your highest potential, before an injury or something else you cannot control. The point of college period is to learn something, become valuable and make money. It always comes down to money. If Trey or anyone can make MILLIONS right now, doing something they are good at, why not? If I could drop my 40 hr work week for someone to pay me a shitload of money to catch panfish off a dock on some lake, im there that day, just swinging that ugly stick zebco combo like there is no tomorrow.. ALL that said, I cannot believe what poeple get paid to play professional sports. And as for taking a knee....I don't think that is right, just like I don't think smoking in a car with a kid in the backseat is right either.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Shootnblanks:

Nothing wrong with having the talent and using it to make monies.
For Trey he was able to cash in with the talent and it would appear for him he does not need the additional schooling. So that is his case. Just wish his action would of come with some understanding of what most of us have to work with without all the hype from some. Sometimes it just hurt when one looks back on life.

Did not have that God given talent but still schooling of some kind after high school never hurt the chances of making more. I am sure i made considerably more due to that education.

College for me, there was a draft and folks said you will go. And for me there was a draft and i said i am ready. Hell no i was not going to go at age 17.

Then i met the working girls of Fargo, beer and one knows the rest, i was hooked, not on the schooling but the life style. Folks got more than one letter about my grades but i made it.

Then there was still the draft and mom decided i needed more schooling. i just had enough of the schooling and i felt it was time to move on from the ladies but kept the beer. So SE Asia here i come to do my thing.
But do appreciate your comment. db

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm 100% for free speech. Kneel if you want; tell someone they are a steaming pile of dog shit for kneeling if you want. Problem is, freedom of speech seems to be granted to only the most liberal viewpoints these days. If you say you wish Trump was dead, you're probably trending on Twitter. Say the same about anyone with a "D" following their name, you're banned from Twitter, and probably getting a visit from a federal authority. Hell, if I were to say "I don't want to date a 'woman' with a penis" out loud where I work, I'd definitely be on the hook for sensitivity training, if not immediately terminated for being transphobic.

I believe everyone is granted the right to voice their opinion, no matter how stupid it may be. But, with that right comes the responsibility to accept that others may have a differing opinion -- without branding them as racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, etc., and trying to have them fired/canceled/jailed.

"With great power comes great responsibility."
-Ben Parker

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87