600 merc

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if they could put that on a 22 ft and still meet coast guard specs

It is my understanding that over 21 or 22 ft it is more up to the mfg of the boat with USCG approval. Basically whatever they feel their transom, etc can handle. Under that there are length, weight, beam, etc calculations to reach max hp per uscg regs.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Although two 300's is about 20 pounds lighter than one 600. Think of the fuel savings

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
The motors themselves don't rotate. Only the lower unit, which is controlled by a joystick (much like JohnR himself).

So, since they don't move, they can be placed very closely together on the transom. This monster is only 27" wide. You could put 5 of them on the back of a go-fast, and you would indeed go fast.

Money?! Price!? Discussing those points is for pikers. If you gotta show you have the mostest, then price is no object.

It's the same principle as a guy who has two jets. Why in the world would you hobble yourself with just one?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
34' Yellowfin with a couple 300's or a 600 would be nice on the breezy days we see on Sak and Oahe!

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Get ahold of Melinda’s # and it would be a pen swipe away.

- - - Updated - - -

That red one we saw at LOW was purty.

there are some incredible saltwater boats. Currently saving pennies for a flats boat. Something I can get in REAL skinny water for snook, reds, etc. you guys think boat prices are crazy up north... YIKES

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've always said I'd rather have a boat that can do 35 mph in any conditions versus one that can do 65 mph a couple times a year. It's going to take a lottery win for me to test the theory out with a Yellowfin though. When you can't stomach the gas tank (420 gallons on the 34'), I don't think I have any business with one LOL! Any ideas how big of a drift sock and how many I'd need to drift one of these?!?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the 90s if you had a 150 hp outboard you were the man lol now 600 hp.

- - - Updated - - -

And touch screen graphs with Cheeto dust fingerprints.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the 90s if you had a 150 hp outboard you were the man lol now 600 hp.

- - - Updated - - -

And touch screen graphs with Cheeto dust fingerprints.
cheetos and sunflower seeds are not allowed in my boat. If you open a bag of either you will be shorefishing from that spot.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74