Traditions NitroFire Series Muzzleloader

Dan270

Anyone have any experience with these? I am in the market for a muzzleloader and really like the ease and concept of these but question what the availability of the actual firesticks needed to shoot these guns will be now and into the future. Not cheap either at $30 per 10. Any recommendations for the best muzzleloader out there for ease, cleaning, reliable etc? Most hunting areas will be open sights so for sure plan to upgrade to peep sight setup. 1:10 year ND muzzleloader tags is not the objective here, lots of mountain hunting opportunities in key areas with peak seasons available for muzzy hunters.

yellowlab

Founding Member
Founding Member
They work fine. Are certainly easy to use. Just make sure you check in every state you want to hunt, they are illegal to hunt with in ND.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like TC products. I have yet to see one misfire and they've all been exceptionally accurate as well.

SS Encore or Triumph depending on whether you want a dedicated or interchangeable platform.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year I drew my muzzy tag. I ended up going with the Remington 700 ultimate muzzleloader. Only shot it about 7-8 times so far, including killing my muzzy buck, but I am beyond happy with it. Have to clean it after every second shot or so or it gets just brutal tough to get a round loaded.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year I drew my muzzy tag. I ended up going with the Remington 700 ultimate muzzleloader. Only shot it about 7-8 times so far, including killing my muzzy buck, but I am beyond happy with it. Have to clean it after every second shot or so or it gets just brutal tough to get a round loaded.

That's interesting, my TC is easier to load after 2 shots. A pristine-clean bore is a major pain in the rump to seat a bullet. Good for 10-12 shots then it starts getting difficult to load so it's cleaning time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74