Giant fall muskie~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Muskie fishing in minnesota kicks in by mid july,the warm water get's them on the move then early fall the big girls put the feed bag on,our fish biologist claim these 50" plus fish will consume 1+ pound of meat per day...not just walleye and tullibee's.small ducks,sea gulls are all on the menu

So this video is worth sharing from one cold fall day on mille lacs lake,let the pickling recipe's begin.

https://youtu.be/VQqMfXo_dsM

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's darn near a danger. Fall out of the boat, and that thing could drag to Davey Jones' Locker, and a watery grave.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's darn near a danger. Fall out of the boat, and that thing could drag to Davey Jones' Locker, and a watery grave.

No shit,I've had follows near this area on the west side of the lake,giant skis right up to the boat not falling for the figure 8 ,sometimes going under the boat to ambush the lure as you do the "L" sweep , these fish learn after being hooked and released,they sit there just a few inches below the water and give you the stink eye before floating off to the depth's,makes the hair on your arm's stand up.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL... shaking. As have many here - I've been there, done that (unexpected big fish under shatty conditions by yourself).

Yes, there is a huge adrenaline rush and it saps you afterward.

Mne was not a monster like that of course - but a monster in my books (largemouth, walleye, etc.) which gives a guy the shakeys.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I prefer to keep a wine glass for mrs johnr full, and my checks tan

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109