Our ammuntion issues.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
With no end in site restocking my ammo supply I sniffed around as I'm told a large company is quietly purchasing our ammunition supply companies "Outdoor Vista" thinking this was owned by the chinese,well just as bad...

here is just a taste of what they own,money backer anti gun george soro's!

Our highly recognized brands include Federal Premium, CamelBak, Bushnell, Camp Chef, Remington, Primos, Blackhawk, Bell, Giro, Bushnell Golf, Primos, Eagle, RCBS, CCI, HEVI-Shot, Speer and many others.

I'm down to 10 flat's of 12ga AA target loads(super sport) as much as I love to shoot sporting clays I see zero restock coming in the near future,maybe a taste by fall.

fyi

Last edited:

Dryfly36

Founding Member
Founding Member
Outdoor Vista is publicly traded under the symbol VSTO. I own it.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
are you chris metz? or just a share holder? why is soro's named tagged on the company as the money man/owner?curious and if you do indeed own the company whats up with our national ammo supply chain?

Securities and Exchange Commission filings reviewed by IBT show Soros Fund Management as a top institutional shareholder in Vista Outdoors — considered the country's top ammunition manufacturer — and Olin Corp., which makes ammo under the Winchester name.Jan 25, 2016

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I not as smart as you,thanx smart guy,some what eases the ammunition pain,now who can we blame?

Last edited:

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I not as smart as you,thanx smart guy,some what eases the ammunition pain,now who can we blame?

Much of the hysteria in the world today can be blamed on people doing the same thing you just did. Believing something they got in a chain email and reposting it before they took 17 seconds to confirm it.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
a part of me still wants to guess its ourselves. backpedal about 10-12 years or so prior to gun/ammo scares that first came about when obama was prez and briefly held both houses. at least that's when i think it first happened. prior to that or whenever the fuck it was, nobody had a concern about ever being able to find ammo. so, nobody felt the need to hoard. we all went down to the local hardware store and bought what we needed when we needed it. since whenever this dirty cycle began, best i can tell, a much higher % of gun folk in this country still buy more than they need whenever they get the chance. assuming the supply chain was relatively in sync with the demand prior to this cycle, i would guess that increased % of folks buying whatever they can whenever they can... even if its 15% (i think its probably more)... threw things out of whack. when i see or hear of many people's ammo stashes and those same folks complaining about how there is no ammo to be found, i can't help but shake my head a bit. like, hey man! look in the mirror maybe. frankly, i am a bit guilty of this myself. other than fear, i've got no business having the amount of ammo i currently do. most i've ever had in my life by far. why? cause i can afford it now is one thing. but, the other, is i buy ammo for my calibers when i see it.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am guilty of the same sin too. I dont make that sin anymore though. Its all buy low sell high. I dont need lumber or ammo or a boat. I have all three. Cant wait until she drops again and it will.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Much of the hysteria in the world today can be blamed on people doing the same thing you just did. Believing something they got in a chain email and reposting it before they took 17 seconds to confirm it.

lol snow is a slack jawed blue plater he believes everything on emails.

Dryfly36

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a shareholder. It came up on my radar a few weeks ago. Short term target is $35 and long term target is $75.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does the fact that we now have social media have a big play in this. The hype, and fuckery is lightning speed.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I also was guilty 10 years ago for hording but now I have no worries of ammo shortage in my life time. I am leaving what ever is on the shelf for everyone else. LB

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the hype will turn into toilet paper ---- now surpluses exist.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The people that are worried about the ammo shortage/complaining about the shortage are the ones to blame for the shortage. We are doing it to ourselves.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm having a hard time believing that our shortages are just due to hoarding. There has to be something else going on. The shortage is going on for over 12 months now and I have watched numerous videos of CEO's of ammo companies saying they are cranking out more ammo then they ever have. For this to be true it would have to mean that meaningful amounts of ammo has been arriving at sporting goods stores for the last 9 months or so and that selfish sportsman are cleaning the shelves within minutes every day. I don't get to Scheels very often but can u guys that have honestly say 9mm and .223 ammo is arriving just like usual but just gets snapped up right away. I can't prove it but something about this prolonged shortage just doesn't smell right.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scheels in Fargo hasn't put powder on shelves in months. Can't even hoard when it hasn't been available

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm having a hard time believing that our shortages are just due to hoarding. There has to be something else going on. The shortage is going on for over 12 months now and I have watched numerous videos of CEO's of ammo companies saying they are cranking out more ammo then they ever have. For this to be true it would have to mean that meaningful amounts of ammo has been arriving at sporting goods stores for the last 9 months or so and that selfish sportsman are cleaning the shelves within minutes every day. I don't get to Scheels very often but can u guys that have honestly say 9mm and .223 ammo is arriving just like usual but just gets snapped up right away. I can't prove it but something about this prolonged shortage just doesn't smell right.

Yes. I have noticed their shipments are coming sooner with larger quantities

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scheels in Fargo hasn't put powder on shelves in months. Can't even hoard when it hasn't been available

Scheels in Fargo hasn't put powder on the shelves since they built their new store on 45th. It's kept in a powder magazine in a support area.

Good lord folks have SHORT memories. At this time last yr, the ammo factories that were open producing ammo were running 1/2 staff or less/shift trying to maintain safe "social distancing". Remington was shut down completely due to bankruptcy. Fiocchi was shut down for quite a spell while Italy endured the brunt of CV-19 last summer. Easily 1/3 of the capacity needed to keep the American shooting public happy was completely unavailable. The other 2/3rds was running @ 1/2 capacity or less.

Browneye said:

Ammo comes in to multiple stores multiple times/wk. When it happens you see all manner of goofy stuff. I've found baskets with ammo in them in other random areas of the store, my assumption is that folks are "hiding" it either to come back and get for themselves later, or, hiding it for friends to come and get later. NOBODY buys ammo alone anymore, everyone brings their domestic partner, a kid or 6, as well as Grandpa.

Granted it's been a bit over 20yrs, but, when I worked for Scheels, almost nobody bought 8# kegs of powder, and very few folks bought entire bricks of primers.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m going to go with the cool side of the pillow: let’s create more and more steady demand leading to an increase in our manufacturing capabilities of ammo. Merica

That is all........right Svnmag?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol snow is a slack jawed blue plater he believes everything on emails.

Actually smartass like I said earlier I started snooping around thinking the chinese had something to do with our ammo shortages as they have been buying up our precious metals for years plus much more and came up with soro's via google,known mr anti gun anti American.Good grief ppl lighten up...So my theroy was shot down as well as ammo horder's,next? Maybe its "Trump's" fault like everything else....j/k

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74