BB gun

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
A buddy of mine and I would go into his barn and shine sparrows with a big spotlight and kill handfuls of them with a BB gun. Man did the cats love us on those nights. Good times!

This was our huckleberry, myself and 3 brothers. Went thru a lot of bb's and flashlight batteries​

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you ever take the spokes off an old bicycle rim and bend the end from the rim into a "U" shamed handle, fill the threaded end with gunpowder from a #8 shotgun shell and the push a #8 shotgun BB into the end. Then we would hold a lit farmer's match under the gun powder until it exploded. Great fun, but Dad complained about losing pheasant shells!

The Crockett improved was a spark plug with screw off wire end with a copper bb pounded into the flared end and filled with powder from a 22 shell and screwed back together tight to make a compression load, louder and faster to the point of being half dangerous. Made bows and arrows out of saplings and many slingshots out of red willow and what ever was available at the time. Also made cool little spring loaded pistols out of two clothespins that would shoot dry beans. The grandkids come and stay for a week or two during the summer and we make fun stuff like that but Safety first. I draw the line at gunpowder and fire.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey, we did throw some 22 shells into a fire ONCE. When they went off one sent a piece on the casing into my friends face no more than a half inch from his eye. ONE AND DONE!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76