Ramp Coditions & Low Water

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard the lake is 4 ft higher over at Tabaco Gardens.

Not always, you can take the gage data from Williston (convert it to MSL by adding 1831.8 ft) and compare it to that of the Corps' gage at the dam and estimate the difference between the dam and Tobacco Gardens is about half of that.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
From NDGF Dept.

The Maclean Bottoms (Gun Range) boating access site and picnic shelters are closed effective immediately due to significant river erosion of the area. Maclean Bottoms boat ramp is located approximately 15 miles southeast of Bismarck on the Oahe Wildlife Management Area.
Department personnel will monitor the site and determine if and when the area can reopen.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
It sounds likely that the ramp will be history.

Right, now that's it's closed presumptively due to safety concerns, it would take major work to get it back to usable.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully they will put some work into the Desert ramp before next spring now that Rifle is closed for good.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully they will put some work into the Desert ramp before next spring now that Rifle is closed for good.

It's a good thing G&F decided to up-charge all the tournaments in ND so they have the money to pay for these new ramps and upgrades.

wales

Founding Member
Founding Member
sounds like the Rockies getting up to 4 feet of snow shortly. Will that help much?

DakotaGreg

Established Member
It's a good opportunity to get in the water at the bottom of the ramps and move all the big rocks that people threw on top the ice.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've tried that, it isn't as easy as it sounds.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still chuckle about the young whippersnapper who posted an ice thickness report with pictures of a bunch of rocks on the ice, I forget what ramp but he got reamed out pretty good so he went back and cleaned up his mess.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update on ramp in Fort Yates. The end of the concrete is about 24 inches deep. Past that it actually gets shallower for a bit. It's only waist deep way past end of dock. I think they may have tried cleaning off rocks as the dock is moved to one side. But they may have just pushed most of them past the end and into mud. I lifted one big one out of the way. It's doable, but I'm not risking my Ranger on it.

wales

Founding Member
Founding Member
update on Pouch point ramp: Bay ramp=no water so not in use. Main water ramp people are using but probably need two people to launch & load. Lot of ruts on shoreline getting in and out. Possible to get stuck if any rain at all. It's usable but use caution.

That guy

Honored Member
Arbuckle lake low water ramp is wallowed out from power loading and can't even see the high water ramp from shoreline. Ashtabula though seems to finally hit the normal pool level and water is still pretty clear.

ND-90

Has anyone used the west Totten trail ramp lately on Sakakawea?

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member

We were there last week. Several boats were there. I wasn’t driving but my buddy said he drove over two feet to get out to the lake.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member

I see the lake is at 1836....that's only down a foot from a month ago when I was there and there was plenty of water (over 5 ft) provided you stuck to the creek channel for travel. Most map chips show it pretty well.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update on ramp in Fort Yates. The end of the concrete is about 24 inches deep. Past that it actually gets shallower for a bit. It's only waist deep way past end of dock. I think they may have tried cleaning off rocks as the dock is moved to one side. But they may have just pushed most of them past the end and into mud. I lifted one big one out of the way. It's doable, but I'm not risking my Ranger on it.

Update, end of concrete is 6 inches

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76